Watch Debenhams with interest
- Thick on the Best, To Hell with the Rest. // Time;2/2/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p74
The article reports on the opening of the Manhattan, New York City-based Interstate Department Stores. It notes that it will be offering a wide variety of grocery goods from garden tools to girdles at a discounted price. In addition, the shopping complex will part of the latest of 30 White Front...
- Furniture moves. // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p5
This article reports that department store chain John Lewis has reshuffled its furniture buyers following the departure of Damien Walton. It is also reported that Terry Miller, cabinet buyer has taken on Walton's responsibilities while relinquishing upholstery buying to Sally Hudson, former rug...
- Federated makes moves; JCPenney retains top spot. // Furniture/Today;8/23/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p24
Reports on top 15 department stores in the U.S. Consolidations by other department store companies; Rebranding efforts of department stores.
- Top 15 U.S. department stores. // Furniture/Today;8/23/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p26
Presents a chart related to the top 15 department stores in the U.S.
- Easter Shift Deflates Comps. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/7/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 74, p13
The article offers a look at the same-store sales gained by department stores, specialty chains and mass retailers in the U.S. in March 2006. The International Council of Shopping Centers said that March same-store sales rose at the softest rate since November 2004 for a weaker-than-expected 1.9...
- Company Overview. // Kohl's Corporation SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
The article features Kohl's Corp., operator of a chain of department stores in the U.S. Kohl's is one of the leading department store when it comes to revenue. Its headquarters is located at Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, and offers a chain of consumer goods. Over the past few years, Kohl's has...
- U.S. chain April sales, up 6.6%, show highest gain in two years. // SCTXtra;5/8/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that chain stores in the United States have recorded a sales growth of 6.6 percent in April 2006. This can be attributed to a late Easter holiday and warm weather across the country. Drugstores in particular performed very well. Drugstores have recorded an average gain of 8.1...
- Factors Affecting the Performance of Individual Chain Store Units: An Empirical Analysis. Hise, Richard T.; Kelly, J. Patrick; Gable, Myron; McDonald, James B. // Journal of Retailing;Summer83, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p22
Retailers with multiple units in various geographic markets can expect different levels of success from each unit. There are a number of factors which can influence the degree of success that each unit might achieve. This article reports on the methodology and results of a study with one...
- APPENDIX I. // Retail Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p33
Presents several definitions related to retail trade. Retail location; Total net sales; Department store type merchandise.