In touch with design
- Sculptural spain. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p51
Several photographs of new design products related to the trend of sculptural design exhibited at the International Furniture Fair of Valencia, the International Fair of Lighting Fixtures, and the International Decoration and Accessories Fair, all held from September 19-24, 2005, in Valencia,...
- Play to the gallery. Dowdy, Clare // Design Week;12/6/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p20
The article presents news concerning the design industry. Several furniture pieces are previewed at the Design Miami exhibition, including ES-screen by Alberto Meda, Landen designed by Konstantin Grcic and a Kimono chair designed by Tokujin Yoshioka. A growing number of design firms have...
- City Style. Mendelson, Katie // Garden Design;Jul/Aug2011, Issue 174, p9
The author discusses the design and decorating of outdoor spaces in an urban environment according to the design philosophy of Francine Gardner, favoring elements conducive to relaxation and design mixture such as wood, handwoven fiber chairs, and a white table cloth.
- Fine finish. // Architectural Digest;Jun99, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p270
Focuses on Osmundo Echevarria's decorative painting on all kinds of furniture, lamps and canvass wall panels. Child's tepee with Native American designs; Faux-ivory bases for vintage ivory pagodas.
- ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE. Wujcik, Barbara // Giftware News;Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p68
The article previews several products including a textured rectangle 2-drawer box from Abbott Collection, 24 inch square Hand-Painted Canvas Wall Plaques display bird images offered by Creative Co-Op, Inc and the Three Bluebirds plaque designed by Ohio artist George Carruth of Carruth Studio.
- Style for the middle classes. Hekler, Norman // Wood & Wood Products;Dec97, Vol. 102 Issue 13, p85
Focuses on the Biedermeier, a furniture design movement. History of the movement; Definitions for Biedermeier; Details on the design; Comfort of Biedermeier furniture.
- OUTDOORS OVERSEAS. Boschini, Alexa // Casual Living;Oct2014, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p100
The article discusses the highlights of the trade shows spoga + gafa held in Cologne, Germany, Maison & Objet in Paris, France, and Glee in Birmingham, England. Highlights discussed include the unique youngstar young designer competition of spoga + gafa which was won by Dustin Jessen of Great...
- NeoCon. // Contract;May2004, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p50
The article presents information about products being showcased by various organizations at the NeoCon exhibition. The product Metrochairs on display on space number 2-1034, has been designed by Antonio Larosa, the Cubix Collection comprises a lounge chair, loveseat, bench, vis-Ã -vis, sofa...
- Behind the Design. Pantaleo, Susan // Furniture/Today;7/23/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p60
The article reports on the furniture designs presented during the 39th Annual Neocon Show at The Merchandise Mart in Chicago, Illinois in June 2007. The trade show was attended by 52,632 people, 1,200 of whom are exhibitors. Among the top trends presented include the Eurofase Illuminations from...