A gateway to business
- Designs for life. // Cabinet Maker;May2010 Business Supplement, p8
The article presents the author's perspective on the trends in the living and dining furniture in Great Britain. She mentions that furniture designers must be directional and look forward for inspiration in other fields of design as furniture is becoming more fashion-led. It notes that branding...
- Being in the glow. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p79
This article focuses on the importance of lighting for furniture designers and architects. They are well aware of the influence light has on moods, and as a result bend and mould light as they would wood or concrete. Altering the light on the shopfloor can have a marked difference on sales....
- News. // Cabinet Maker;07/30/99, Issue 5148, p5
Reports on the increase in demand for Gothic ranges by cabinet manufacturer and retailer Trevor Lawrence.
- MARKETPLACE: GETTING CRAFTY. Berman, Ann E. // Town & Country;Aug2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5327, p72
The article focuses on the sculptural celebrations of wood from American Studio Furniture, which are a booming market for 20th-century design.
- In the Showrooms. Simpson, Jeffrey // Architectural Digest;Jun2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p48
Highlights updates on furniture designs in the U.S. Designs featured in the Dessin Fournir Collection; Type of prints in the fabric design collection of Albert Hadley; Citations of the collections showcased in the John Rosselli showroom.
- Creativity lifts occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the factors considered by furniture manufacturers in creating designs. Impact of furniture style on sales; Popularity of simplified looks; Increase in the demand for function and storage capacity.
- Show time. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p22
Examines the designs of several furniture pieces in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the furniture designs; Design credits; Implications on industrial design.
- Czech Furniture--Quality, Safety, and Design. Brunecky, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p36
Focuses on the furniture industry of Czech Republic. Information on laboratory testing of furniture; Discussion on the possible impact of the expected accession of the country to the European Union; Issues on safety and ecology; Considerations in furniture design.
- Case goods mfrs. get creative. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
Reports the creativity of furniture manufacturers in the United States. Focus on increased flexibility in bedrooms and dining rooms; Interest in leather materials; Development of color finishes.