- New Center Explores Improvements in Education. // District Administration;Nov2002, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the opening of the Data Research and Development Center at the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center. Projects of the center.
- With education, the buck starts here. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/27/2000, Issue 322700, p1
Focuses on University of California's plan to build a campus in Merced, California. Nation's first research university of the 21st century; Benefits of a research university to area businesses; Variety of area-wide outreach programs and distance learning centers.
- Small particles. // Finance Week;7/26/2002, p47
Features the Nanomaterials Technology Centre at Technikon Witwaterstrand University of South Africa. Aim of the research center; Motivation behind its establishment; Sponsors of the center.
- PHOTONICS UNIVERSITIES AND RESEARCH CENTERS DIRECTORY. // Laser Focus World;Mar2013 Buyer's Guide, p405
A directory for photonics universities and research centers is presented.
- University merger is good news for UK technology. // Electronics Weekly;11/6/2002, Issue 2075, p22
Talks about the possibility of merging the British university departments into research and development centers for microelectronics and communications. Cooperation between companies and universities; Reliance of technology industries on commercial mergers for funding.
- Is There a Crisis of Accountability in the American Research University? Smith, Bruce L.R.; Korn, David // Minerva: A Review of Science, Learning & Policy;Summer2000, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p129
America's research universities, approximately 125 in number, play important roles in the nation's research system, and help to set the tone for all institutions of research and higher learning. As the research universities have formed closer links with industry, new problems have arisen that...
- Research centre for Sault. McGowan, Kathy // Northern Ontario Business;Aug99, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p21
Reports on Sault College in Ontario's receipt of grant from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation to establish the Northern Center for Sustainable Resource Management research facility. Operation of the center under the Upper Lakes Environmental Research Network and its partners; Key features...
- Hubs to channel research for water-smart cities. // Ecos;Oct2012, Issue 176, p1
The article presents information on Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Water Sensitive Cities with its headquarter in Monash University.
- Top German universities win most funding. // Nature;10/23/1997, Vol. 389 Issue 6653, p776
Reports that ninety percent of grant money given by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft was awarded to just 50 percent of universities in the first half of the 1990s. How the German bank chose which universities to fund.