John Lewis profits up 24%
- ANY HOPE FOR JOHN LEWIS? // In-Store Marketing;Mar2002, p17
Reports on the decline in sales and profits posted by John Lewis Partnership in March 2002. Department store sales; Factors which contributed to the decline in sales; Difficulties of operating a successful retail business against price deflation.
- CITY NEWS. // Campaign;9/25/2009, Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the mixed sales performance results by John Lewis Partnership PLC, a retail group, in Great Britain for the half-year ending August 1, 2009. John Lewis Partnership announces an increase of 1.8% on the sales and 15.7% on operating profits at Waitrose. Furthermore, the...
- Sales increas at John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;2/7/2003, Issue 5323, p4
Reports on the increase in the sales at the department store chain John Lewis in Great Britain. Increment in the sales of hard furnishings and furniture; Success in fitted kitchens and flatpack furniture; Performance of the store.
- Sir Stuart Hampson. // Director;May2007, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p40
The article offers a look at the accomplishments of Stuart Hampson as chairman of John Lewis Partnership (JLP). Stuart's 14 years in the position provided the refurbishment of the Oxford Street and Sloane Square department stores in Great Britain, the extension of trading hours, the expansion of...
- Positive results give JLP cause for confidence. // Cabinet Maker;08/11/2000, Issue 5200, p3
Highlights the financial performance of John Lewis department stores in Great Britain in the six months to July 29, 2000.
- Heatwave hits sales at department stores. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p4
Reports on the effect of the heat wave on the department stores in Great Britain. Recovery of the sales of John Lewis; Decline in the sales of Beale; Increase in the furniture sales.
- John Lewis credits focus on value and trust as sales top Â£9bn. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/6/2014, p9
The article reports that the strategy of retail company John Lewis Partnership to focus on trust and value has led the firm to acquire a total of Â£9 billion in annual revenue at its department stores and Waitrose supermarkets in 2013. It states that the company's profit has increased by 15...
- If only M&S were John Lewis, it might survive. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;11/2/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p35
Comments on the efforts of retailer Marks & Spencer PLC to recover its financial losses. Appointment of Roger Holmes as head of retailing for the British market; Impact of the closure of the company's branch in Middle England on sales performance; Image building efforts to be developed by the...
- Profits warning at John Lewis of Hungerford. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p6
Reports on the profits warning issued by kitchen retailer and manufacturer John Lewis of Hungerford after a disappointing financial result in the first half of 2004.