POST LUMBAR SYMPATHECTOMY GANGRENE
- Axillary Hyperhidrosis: T3/T4 Versus T4 Thoracic Sympathectomy in a Series of 276 Cases. De Campos, José Ribas Milanez; Kauffman, Paulo; Wolosker, Nelson; Munia, Marco Antonio; Eduardo De Campos; Werebe; Filho, Laert Oliveira Andrade; Kuzniec, Sergio; Jatene, Fábio Biscegli; Krasna, Mark // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Dec2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p598
Background: Different techniques of video-assisted thoracic sympathectomy have been suggested to control the symptoms of axillary hyperhidrosis. We compared the results using two different levels of ganglion resection for treating axillary hyperhidrosis: T3/T4 vs. T4. Materials and Methods: From...
- Failed Vascular Reconstructive Procedures with Profoundly Ischemic Limbs -- Treated by Lumbar Sympathectomy. Polsky, Stuart; Heller, Lloyd; Gahtan, Vivian; Roberts, Andrew; Sariego, Joaquin; Matsumoto, Teruo; Kerstein, Morris D. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p657
The purpose of this study was to assess the impact of lumbar sympathectomy on limb loss in patients with prior reconstructive vascular surgery. One hundred and one patients underwent 118 lumbar sympathectomies. The 118 limbs were grouped presympathectomy into: rest pain (41), tissue breakdown...
- Effort Vein Thrombosis and Intermittent Nonthrombotic Occlusion of the Subclavian and Axillary Veins. Martinez, Nestor S.; Adiga, Ramesh // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1980, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p123
Analyzes the possible relationships between effort vein thrombosis and postural subclavian vein compression. Cardinal symptoms of effort vein thrombosis; Use of clavicular resections in addition to thrombectomies; Role of sympathectomy in effort vein thrombosis; Information on noninvasive...
- TRANSABDOMINAL SYMPATHECTOMY. Sproul, Gordon; Pinto, Jerry // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1972, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p55
In an effort to simplify the operative procedure for lumbar sympathectomy and avoid bilateral flank incisions and subsequent respiratory problems and ileus, the authors undertook a transabdominal sympathectomy. We have found this approach acceptable with adequate surgical exposure regardless of...
- LUMBAR CHEMICAL SYMPATHECTOMY IN THE TREATMENT OF PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE OF THE LEGS. Haeger, Knut; Lundskog, Olle // Vascular Surgery;Sep1967, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p162
Highlights the results of a study on the effectiveness of surgical lumbar sympathectomy in the treatment of arterial disease of the legs. Effect of chemical sympathectomy in chronic obliterative arterial disease in patients without diabetes; Postoperative complications; Recommendation on...
- Management of Essential Hyperhidrosis by Transthoracic Axillary Sympathectomy. Romanoff, H.; Katz, S. // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1980, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the use of transthoracic axillary sympathectomy to treat essential hyperhidrosis or oversweating. Steps in conducting the surgery; Complications; Patient outcomes.
- sympathectomize. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
A definition of the term "sympathectomize," which refers to the act of performing a sympathectomy, is presented.
- sympathectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
An encyclopedia entry for "sympathectomy," which refers to the excision of a portion of the sympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system, is presented.
- sympathicectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2255
An encyclopedia entry for the medical term "sympathicectomy," or sympathectomy, is presented.