PROPRANOLOL DOSE DETERMINANTS INCLUDING BLOOD LEVEL STUDIES
- Effects of allopurinol upon exercise in patients with angina. Kuritzky, Louis // Clinical Oncology Alert;Sep2010 Supplement, p18
The article discusses research on allopurinol and exercise in angina patients, which references the study "Effect of High-dose Allopurinol on Exercise in Patients With Chronic Stable Angina: A Randomised, Placebo Controlled Crossover Trial," by A. Norman et al, published in a 2010 issue of "Lancet."
- Role of HDL Cholesterol in Residual Risk for CAD. Crawford, Michael H. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p75
DESPITE IMPRESSIVE REDUCTIONS IN CARDIOVASCULAR RISK in primary and secondary prevention trails with statin therapy, risk does not reach zero. A low HDL could explain at least some of this residual risk, but current data are inconsistent. Thus, the JUPITER trial database was analyzed to answer...
- Efficacy and safety of short- and long-term treatment of itraconazole on chronic necrotizing pulmonary aspergillosis in multicenter study. Yoshida, Koichiro; Kurashima, Atsuyuki; Kamei, Katsuhiko; Oritsu, Masaru; Ando, Tsunehiro; Yamamoto, Toshinori; Niki, Yoshihito // Journal of Infection & Chemotherapy (Springer Science & Business;Jun2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p378
In the respiratory field, chronic pulmonary aspergillosis, such as chronic necrotizing pulmonary aspergillosis (CNPA) or aspergilloma, is important. We examined the efficacy and safety of short- and long-term itraconazole (ITCZ) administration, involving a switch from injection to an oral...
- BROMELAIN: AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENT. Seligman, Bert // Angiology;Nov1962, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p508
Discusses the pharmacological characteristics of bromelain. Functions of bromelain; Arterial diseases that can be manage with bromelain; Indications of bromelain.
- The Influence of Cardiovascular Physiology on Dose/Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Relationships. Fagiolino, Pietro; Eiraldi, Rosa; Vázquez, Marta // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;2006, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p433
Inter- and intraindividual variability in the relationship between dose and clinical Ã¢â‚¬â€œ or pharmacodynamic Ã¢â‚¬â€œ response of a drug can be analysed in two steps: firstly, by considering the plasma pharmacokinetic response to a given dose and, secondly, by the...
- Pharmacodynamics and safety of lefradafiban, an oral platelet glycoprotein lib/Ilia receptor antagonist, in patients with stable coronary artery disease undergoing elective angioplasty Akkerhuis, K.M.; van den Brand, M.J.B.M.; van der Zwaan, C.; Peels, H.O.J.; Suryapranata, H.; van der Wieken, L.R.; Stibbe, J.; Hoffmann, J.; Baardman, T.; Deckers, J.W.; Simoons, M.L. // Heart;Apr2001, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p444
The article presents a double blind, and placebo-controlled study aimed at identifying the proper dose of Lefradafiban that can provide 80% blockade of the glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptors among patients with stable angina and are undergiong angioplasty. The study was conducted among 64 patients...
- Enoxaparin sodium. // Reactions Weekly;10/9/2004, Issue 1022, p9
Discusses research being done on the adverse reaction of the drug enoxaparin sodium. Reference to a study by Harkness M. et al, published in the August 2004 issue of "Postgraduate Medical Journal"; Condition of a man who developed anaphylaxis with angioedema after treatment with enoxaparin...
- THE EFFECT OF NITROGLYCERIN OINTMENT1 ON THE EXERCISE CAPACITY IN PATIENTS WITH ANGINA PECTORIS. Davidov, Michael E.; Mroczek, William J. // Angiology;Apr1976, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p205
Cites a study from the U.S. regarding the pharmacologic effects of nitroglycerin ointment on the exercise capacity of patients with angina pectoris. Increase in the duration of exercise; Determinants of increase in pharmacologic activity; Decrease in ischemic electrocardiographic changes.
- Low-dose naltrexone and fibromyalgia. Elliott, William T. // Travel Medicine Advisor;Jun2009 Supplement, p1
This article reports on the results of a study which suggests that naltrexone may offer benefits to patients suffering from fibromyalgia. It describes naltrexone as an opiod receptor antagonist used mainly for treating alcoholism. It says that fibromylgia patients who were given a dose of 4.5...