ANTI ANGINAL DRUGS, THEIR EVALUATION BY DOUBLE BLIND TRIAL
- CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE THERAPY IN ANGINA PECTORIS. Dembo, Donald H.; Antlitz, Albert M. // Angiology;May1964, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p207
Twenty-one patients with angina pectoris were observed for 364 patient weeks in a double blind evaluation of chlordiazepoxide. Patients were evaluated regarding frequency and severity of anginal attacks, exercise tolerance, and nitroglycerine requirements, In the doses utilized for this study,...
- Atypical Presentations of Unstable Angina Pectoris. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;12/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p2308
Discusses the research 'Atypical Presentations Among Medicare Beneficiaries With Unstable Angina pectoris,' by J.G. Canto et al., from the August 1, 2002 issue of the 'American Journal of Cardiology.'
- Coronary Vasospasm. Kuo, Li-Tang; Wang, Chao-Hung; Hung, Ming-Jui; Cherng, Wen-Jin // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p223
Presents a case that serves as a reminder that coronary vasopasm might be a factor in the development of dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction. Early detection and intensive efforts to relieve vasopasm; Findings of the patient's physical examination; Information on coronary vasopasm.
- Effectiveness of Bevantolol in the Treatment of Angina -- A Placebo-Controlled Study. John Farnham, D. // Angiology;Mar1986 Part 2, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p226
The antianginal efficacy and safety of bevantolol was compared with placebo in 107 patients with angina pectoris of effort. The median frequency of angina attacks in these patients was 6 per week. Following a 6-week placebo-baseline phase, the patients were randomly assigned to groups receiving...
- Assessment of Anti-Ischemic and Antianginal Effect at Trough Plasma Concentration and Safety of Trimetazidine MR 35mg in Patients with Stable Angina Pectoris: A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Philippe Sellier; Jean-Paul Broustet // American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p361
Objective: The study aimed to assess, at trough plasma concentration, the anti-ischemic and antianginal efficacy and tolerability of trimetazidine modified release (MR) 35mg taken twice daily by patients with stable angina pectoris. Design: This multicenter, randomized, double-blind,...
- ARTERIOGRAPHIC DEMONSTRATION OF CORONARY ARTERY SPASM AND ITS RELEASE AFTER THE USE OF A VASODILATOR IN A CASE OF ANGINA PECTORIS AND IN THE EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL. Gensini, Goffredo G.; di Giorgi, Salvatore; Murad-Netto, Stans; Black, Asher // Angiology;Dec1962, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p550
We have presented a ease of angina pectoris with arteriographic demonstration of spasm of the coronary arteries. Experimental evidence has been offered favoring a causal relationship between the release of this spasm and the administration of a new coronary vasodilator.
- Ranolazine: A Review of its Use in Chronic Stable Angina Pectoris. Siddiqui, M. Asif A.; Keam, Susan J. // Drugs;2006, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p693
Ranolazine (Ranexaâ„¢), a piperazine derivative, is a new antianginal agent approved for the treatment of chronic stable angina pectoris for use as combination therapy when angina is not adequately controlled with other antianginal agents. While the exact mechanism of action of ranolazine is...
- The effect of high-dose pentaerythritol tetranitrate on the development of nitrate tolerance in rabbits. Müllenheim, Jost; Müller, Senta; Laber, Ute; Thümer, Volker; Meyer, Wilfried; Bassenge, Eberhard; Fink, Bruno; Kojda, Georg // Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology;Sep2001, Vol. 364 Issue 3, p269
Experimental studies with therapeutic doses of pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN) have shown unexpected actions such as a lack of nitrate tolerance and vasoprotective effects in atherosclerosis. We investigated the effect of a 3-week treatment with low- (6 mg kgâ€“1 dayâ€“1, n=10) and...
- INFLUENCE OF PENTAERYTHRITOL TETRANITRATE (PERITRATE) ON ACUTE AND CHRONIC CORONARY INSUFFICIENCY. Winsor, Travis; Humphreys, Patrick // Angiology;Feb1952, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
This article presents a study on the influence of pentaerythritol tetranitrate on acute and chronic coronary insufficiency. The present study has been carried out to determine whether or not pentaerythritol tetranitrate is effective in relieving the precordial pain and other symptoms...