Montana Biennial Budget Passes House, Should Pass Senate
- Lame duck Legislature will have last quack on capital spending. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/16/98, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the prospects for Ohio's capital improvements budget legislation. Delay of the 1998 legislation after Governor George Voinovich's plan to increase the state's sales tax to raise money for public schools was rejected by voters in May 1998; Capital improvements projects in Ohio that...
- Bulgaria caps budget gap at 2% of GDP in law. // Regional Today;02/01/2013, p5
This article reports that the Bulgarian Parliament passed January 31, 2013 the Public Finances Law aimed at capping the country's future budget deficits at 2 percent of gross domestic product.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p6
Presents updates on various legislation related to bonds and state and local finance in the United States, as of March 15, 1999. Includes return of nine departments under a financial board to the Washington, D.C., mayor's control; Ban of sale of tax-exempt bonds to finance professional sports...
- Lawyers fight to purge outdated language in Texas' public finance laws. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p40
Focuses on Texas bond lawyers' effort to improve a legislative proposal to codify public finance law by rewriting old and obscure language that is no longer relevant. Companion bills to the Public Finance Act; Concerns raised by other interested parties.
- School Finance: An Overview. THOMPSON, J. DAVID // Texas Bar Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p818
The article focuses on Texas' 82nd Legislature, which is facing revenue deficit. It states that the 82nd Legislature, which convened on January 11, 2011 in Austin, Texas, is confronted with a revenue shortfall of over 27 billion dollars. It says that the shortfall was mostly caused by the...
- One Way To Avoid A Future Budget Crisis. // Business Journal (Central New York);08/17/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p22
Editorial. Addresses the budget crises faced by New York in 2001. Step taken by state officials to resolve the problem; Suggestion on dealing with budget legislation.
- Virginia Panels OK Different Bills Calling for Taxes to Close Gap. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p3
Reports on differing bills approved by Virginia lawmakers that would increase tax revenue to close a shortfall in the state's budget and authorize the issuance of debt. Senate and House versions for boosting revenues over that biennium; Bond proposals that overlap with separate bond-authorizing...
- GOP, Democratic priorities converge on budget. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p11
Comments on the budget proposals developed by House Republicans and Senate Democrats in Indiana. Republicans' 1998 campaign promise of property tax cuts and inventory tax relief; Plan by Democrats to cut more than $210 million from property taxes and replace it with General Fund money; Tax...
- Washington House Seeking $324M in Added Bonding. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32325, p32
The article reports that the Washington House has introduced a supplemental state capital budget. It adds $324.4 million in various bonding authorizations to the $1.4 billion of bonds already approved by the Legislature for the last half of the biennium. The budget covers spending from July 1,...