Governor's Agenda: Education, Health Care, 'Livable Delaware'
- Delaware Governor: Fiscal Landscape Improving, But Restraint Still Needed. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p29
Reports on the comments of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner concerning the economy of her state. Estimated gains from added taxes and abandoned property revenue; Criticisms involving her past administration predecessors; Benefits of her final budget and bill proposal.
- Delaware Lawmakers Weighing Transportation-Heavy Bond Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p4
Public hearings in the legislature began on May 5, 2003 on Delaware's proposed 392.4 million dollar fiscal 2004 bond bill, which mainly funds the state's Department of Transportation and local school construction projects. The proposed bond bill includes a 7 million dollar transfer from the...
- Delaware Governor Unveils $3B Budget for Fiscal 2007. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p4
The article reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner released her fiscal 2007 budget plan. The following details were included in the plan: a proposed $402.1 million capital budget and a call for the issuance of $157.6 million in general obligation bonds. Minner also proposed to re-examine...
- Delaware Governor's $2.6B Budget Has $593M of Debt. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31811, p4
Reports on the fiscal budget for 2005 of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner. Amount of the budget; Worth of the bond bill intended for roads and schools; Allocated spending for economic development projects.
- Delaware Governor Taps New Budget Head. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31451, p29
Reports the appointment of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner to the position of acting budget director in the U.S.
- Delaware Governor Stresses Surplus Funds Should Be Dedicated to Bonds. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31621, p5
As Delaware increased its revenue estimates for the fiscal year and predicted less spending, Governor Ruth Ann Minner said in the third week of April 2003, that any additional revenue should go to 2004's bond bill to fund capital projects, rather than going into the general operating fund. The...
- Delaware Governor Releases Trim Budget For 2003, Cuts Back Bond Authorization. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p5
Reports on the announcement made by the Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner on the 2003 budget package featuring scaled-down bond authorization bill. Areas which were effected by the decrease in the bond authorizing bill; Topics that are excluded from the budget proposal; Steps taken by Minner to...
- Delaware's Minner Proposes $2.74B Budget With $210 Million of GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32060, p38
Reports on the proposal of Delaware governor, Ruth Ann Minner, on a two-billion fiscal budget for the triple A rated which includes the issuance of the multi-million dollar in general obligation debt, mostly for education-related projects in Delaware, Ohio. New projects proposed by Minner from...
- Corporate-Friendly and Still Going Pretty Strong. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p10
Focuses on the strong economic and financial performance of Delaware after weathering an economic recession with the help of hiring freezes. Expected cash and budget reserve of the state at the end the 2004 fiscal year; Priorities of Governor Ruth Ann Minner as outlined in her term plans;...