- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p30
Presents a chart that depicts Midwest invisible supply. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Without a Budget, Minnesota Sets Date for $300M GO Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p30
Reports on Minnesota's general obligation bond sale. Target date for the bond sale; Comments of state debt manager, Peter Sausen on the deal's timing; Reasons for the delay in the sale; Structure of the 20-year bond deal.
- Summaries of Papers in this Issue. Tomohara, Akinori; Wagner, Gary A.; Seida, Jim A.; Wempe, William F.; Brien, Michael J.; Dickert-Conlin, Stacy; Weaver, David A.; Paton, David; Siegel, Donald S.; Williams, Leighton Vaughan // National Tax Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p779
This section presents summaries of articles on bond market and fiscal institutions.
- March 1 Deadline Set for Joining California Pooled-Bond Program. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p1
The article reports that a more detailed timeline is in place for redevelopment agencies in California that want to join a bond program enabling them to stretch out payments they are required to make to the state this May. California's fiscal 2005 budget required the state's redevelopment...
- ALASKA: Palin Pushes $240M of GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32798, p9
The article reports on the support of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for a plan to request $240 million of general obligation bond authorization for the state. Palin told that the bond request, which is intended for transportation projects and a crime laboratory, makes sense because voters will...
- North Carolina Back at Work on Budget, College Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p4
Reports on North Carolina lawmakers' budget discussions. Debate on the amount to be borrowed through the sale of bonds for several state university projects; Conflicting amounts requested by the House and Senate for the university health facility projects; General Assembly's deliberation of...
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- Nevada Selling GO And Fuel-Tax Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p7
Reports on the sale of fuel-tax bonds in Nevada. Total amount of bonds issued for competitive sales; Marketing of limited-tax general obligation bonds; Recovery of the state's gambling and tourism-dominated economy.
- FAR WEST BOND-WATCH. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p39
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of February 2004. General obligation bond issues presented by the Anchorage school district to voters in Alaska; Proposal to settle the fiscal problem in California; Proposed budget plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California;...