Illinois Attorney Attacks Preference for Negotiated Bond Sale
- N.Y. Looks to Price $1.66B of PIT Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33373, p1
The article reports on the plan of the state government to sell its personal income-tax (PIT) bond deals priced at 1.66 billion dollars in New York.
- N.Y. Sets Competitive $448M Issue Amid Budget Struggles. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33269, p3
The article reports on the plan of the state government of New York to competitively price its new-money general obligations bonds worth 448 million dollars.
- Pennsylvania Plans $2B-Plus of GOs by the End of the Year. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33386, p7
The article reports on the plan of the state government to issue at least two billion dollars worth of general obligation (GO) debt through competitive bidding before the end of the calendar year 2010 in Pennsylvania.
- Wisconsin Selling $800M of Notes; $200M Transportation Deal Ahead. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33332, p32
The article reports that the state government of Wisconsin will sell its one-year operating notes worth 800 million dollars on June 15, 2010 and will issue approximately 200 million dollars worth of new-money transportation revenue bonds in July 2010.
- KANSAS: K.C. Searching for STARs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/6/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33195, p9
The article reports on the efforts of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas, for sales tax revenue (STAR) bonds. It mentions that the organization has submitted an official request to the state government, asking for approval to use sales tax revenue worth 173.3...
- VIRGINIA: Bid to Lift Rainy-Day Fund. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;10/28/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33407, p9
The article reports on the referendum conducted by the state government to seek voters' approval to increase the maximum size of rainy-day fund in Virginia.
- Vermont Targets Late January for $42 Million Borrowing. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p32
Reports on the delayed annual general obligation bond sale of the state government in Vermont. Escalation of the state revenue; Estimation of the biannual tax revenue; Survival of the state from economic downturn.
- Maryland's BAB Subsidy Payment Cut. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33324, p1
The article discusses the impact of the reduced Build America Bond (BAB) subsidy payment on future BAB issuance of the state government in Maryland. The author noted that the cut was made to pay off the federal government outstanding payroll taxes. However, such initiative could affect the...
- Maryland Plans Hefty BAB Deal Before Subsidy Is Cut. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33269, p6
The article reports on the plan of Maryland's government to sell its largest Build America Bond (BAB) issue worth 400 million dollars. It indicates that the plan of Maryland is intended to take advantage of the subsidy rate for BAB worth 35%. Moreover, it states that the state will also sell its...