VT Shipbuilding Gains OPV (H) Nod
- MoD bars Voosper plea to build survey ships at Southampton. // Professional Engineering;07/05/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the British Ministry of Defense's refusal to give Vosper Thornycroft permission to build two survey vessels at Vosper's yard in Southampton, England, following the company's agreement to subcontract work to a rival yard. Vosper's shortage of short-term work.
- U.K. helicopter school narrows choices. Morrocco, John D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/6/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 19, p30
Reports that the contenders for Great Britain's Defense Helicopter Flying School contract have narrowed the choices to Bell and Eurocopter airframes. Submission of contractors' revised bids to the Ministry of Defense; Effect of the short lead-in time in winnowing out candidate aircraft;...
- Prime concerns. Morris, Peter // Contract Journal;4/24/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6374, p17
Presents information on the revised Regional Prime Contract and Stand Alone Capital Project Generic Form of Prime Contract introduced by the Great Britain Ministry of Defense. Details on the regional contract and stand alone contract; Description of the regional prime contract in Scotland;...
- MoD Colchester PFI delayed until 2008. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;6/19/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6381, p3
Announces that the British Ministry of Defense's Colchester Barracks Private Finance Initiative contract will be delayed until 2008 due to planning problems. Cost of the project; Members of the preferred bidder for the project; Details of the Colchester work.
- Seven vie for Â£750m MoD PFI. // Contract Journal;3/19/2003, Vol. 417 Issue 6418, p12
Presents an update on the bidding for a regional construction contract from the British Ministry of Defence, as of March 2003. List of companies vying for the contract; Terms of the contract; Details of the pre-qualification process for the bidding.
- NEWS BREAKS: EUROPE. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/20/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p16
This section offers news briefs from the aerospace industries of Europe in 2009. Funding for the installation of the T55-714 improved version of Honeywell T55 engines in all of the Chinook helicopters of the Defense Ministry of Great Britain has been approved by the agency. The European Cockpit...
- News Breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/5/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p71
The article reports on the funding by the British Defense Ministry of a study work to extend the service life of helicopters as part of the initiative to come up with a coherent Future Rotorcraft Capability program. EADS will study upgrade options for the Royal Air Force's Puma, to extend the...
- UK Kicking off Lynx Upgrade Program. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p20
Reports the approval of the program aimed to upgrade the military helicopters of the Ministry of Defense in Great Britain.
- Prime minister must act as MoD defies the Lords. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;2/7/2002, p3
Focuses on the pressure faced by the British government to overturn the Ministry of Defense (MoD) negligence allegations against Chinook ZD576 pilots. Flaws of Board of Inquiry verdict on the negligence case; Reinstatement of the reputation of the pilots by prime minister; Reaction of MoD over...