SHIPBUILDING: A Quest for Stability
- Third Gulf Maritime event draws increasingly strong support. // Professional Fisherman;Aug2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p44
Highlights the third Gulf Maritime exposition to be held in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates in April 2005. Ship builders, designers, engine manufacturers and suppliers that will participate at the event; Product presentation seminars; Forums; Contact information.
- Seaspan to Add Four 2,500-TEU Ships. // Traffic World;3/20/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p41
The article reports on the megacontainer ship-building contract signed by Seaspan Corp. for vessels from Jiangsu Yangzijiang Shipbuilding company in China.
- Tasmanian shipbuilders on the Tamar River prior to 1851. Chambers, Don // Australian Journal of Maritime & Ocean Affairs;Jun2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p37
Tasmania's Tamar River provided an unlikely site for the development of a lively shipbuilding industry. Construction of ocean-going ships at Launceston began in the mid-1820s and reached a peak between 1843 and 1851. The names of a number of men are commonly associated with the development of...
- Gulfstream Shipbuilding Announces U.S. Department of Homeland Security Ferry Contract. // Pensacola Magazine;Jan/Feb2017, p61
The article reports on a contract received by Gulfstream Shipbuilding through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for a passenger/vehicle ferry.
- Appleby, Cooter et al. Address Policy Forums. // Independent;2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the various Independent Policy forums conducted by the Independent Institute in Oakland, California. Speech given by historian Joyce Appleby at the September 7, 2000 Independent Policy forum; Views expressed by journalist jacob Sullum and economist Thomas DiLorenzo at a forum on...
- Taking Off with Trade. Domeisen, Natalie // International Trade Forum;2007, Issue 2, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the "World Export Development Forum" and another on successful export strategies.
- How toâ€¦. // Contract Journal;5/10/2006, Vol. 433 Issue 6574, p39
The article offers step-by-step instructions on how to plan a workshop.
- HOW TO MODERATE A PANEL DISCUSSION. ARNOLD, KRISTIN // Toastmaster;Apr2015, p16
The article offers instructions on how to moderate a panel discussion using the skills of a Toastmaster member, including communication skills, leadership presence, and adept preparation.
- Seaspan wins $8-billion federal contract to build non-combat ships. Tan, Christine // Pacific Yachting;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy contract to construct non-combat ships was awarded to Seaspan Marine Corp.