Nascent Strategy Foreshadows Seismic Personnel Changes
- CNO Announces New 'Sea Power 21' Navy Vision. // Sea Power;Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the announcement made by Chief of Naval Operations administrator Vern Clark on an innovative plan to transform U.S. Navy service to meet its 21st century national security requirements. Discussion on the vision of the Navy operations; Required capabilities associated with the view of...
- Deckplate View of the Training Revolution. Russell, James P. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2003, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p88
The U.S. Navy is in the process of revolutionary change. Organizationally imposed limitations that have prevented it from fully exploiting the potential of its enlisted sailors, soon will be a historical footnote in the Navy's journey toward becoming a learning organization. In 2000, Chief of...
- CNO Announces Plans to Align the Fleet. // All Hands;Dec2001, Issue 1016, p13
Discusses the plan of United States Navy Chief of Naval Operations Vern Clark to align the fleet in order to allow it to effectively achieve its primary mission.
- A Focus on Future Readiness. Fanning, Timothy O. // Sea Power;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the speech of U.S. Chief of Naval Operations Administrator Vern Clark about accomplishments of the fleet. Validation of assessment on performance of naval personnel; Focus of the administration; Commitment to rebuild the U.S. armed forces.
- CNO Visits Fleet in San Diego. // All Hands;Nov2000, Issue 1003, p13
Deals with the visit of United States Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark to Navy leaders and sailors in San Diego, California in 2000.
- Sea Power 21 To Shape Future Navy. Ham IV, Walter T. // All Hands;Dec2002, Issue 1028, p14
Explains the Sea Power 21 vision of the U.S. Navy, as discussed by Chief of Naval Operations Vern Clark in his message to the U.S. naval fleet in 2002.
- Navy Budget To Outline New Concept's Weapons Impact. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p27
Provides insight into the direction of the U.S. Navy following the implementation of an operational concept proposed by the service's military leadership. Visions of Chief of Naval Operations Administration Vern Clark for the Navy; Launch of the E-2C radar modernization program; Confusion of...
- NAVAL INSTITUTE FOUNDATION. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p124
Highlights the events of the Naval Institute Foundation in U.S. Induction of Michael A. Howland into the Commodore Club in Virginia Beach; List of signature club members; Vision of Chief Navy Officer Admiral Vern Clark on the 21st century Sea Power 21 program.
- Teamwork, Flexibility, & Sustained Combat Power. // Sea Power;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p13
Interviews U.S. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark. U.S. Navy and Marine Corps' performance against terrorism; Retention statistics of the service; Funding of the Navy's recapitalization and transformation programs; Procurement programs of the service.