Chronicling the Revolution
- SPEED, AGILITY, PERSISTENCE, AND PRECISION: PROJECTING COMBAT POWER ASHORE FROM THE SEA. Peterson, Gordon I. // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Interviews United States Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark and Commandant of the Marine Corps General Michael Hagee on how the two services cooperate and integrate to improve the services' mission of power projection ashore from the sea. Factors that influence the partnership between...
- CNO Sets Specific Goals for Navy Leaders. Ham IV, Walter T. // All Hands;Mar2002, Issue 1019, p15
Provides information on the 'CNO Guidance 2002' set by Admiral Vern Clark, Chief of Naval Operations of the U.S. Navy. Suggestion in achieving steady-state support for active units; Recommendations on building on the best readiness budget; How quality of service can be achieved.
- FEWER HANDS ON DECK. Cahlink, George // Government Executive;6/1/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p68
The article reports that chief of naval operations Vern Clark wants to reduce the Navy's ranks by tens of thousands in the next six years. All three military services want to do more with less and are struggling to stretch funds, equipment and personnel. The Army is remaking its divisions into...
- NAVY'S RESERVE Will Be Integrated with ACTIVE FORCES. Anderson, David O.; Winnefeld, J. A. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2004, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p61
This article reports that the 21st-century naval professionals live in a world of fast, adaptable, networked forces that must maintain high states of readiness and employ precision weapons with integrated joint and coalition partners. Shifting national demographics, the demands of a more...
- Keys to the Future. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on U.S. Navy Admiral Vern Clark's highlighting of his drive to transform the Navy from a force structure designed for rotation to one responsive to real enemy. Fleet Response Plan to deploy forces less predictably; Reduction of the cost of manpower and match personnel with the skills...
- CNO Announces Plans to Align the Fleet. // All Hands;Dec2001, Issue 1016, p13
Discusses the plan of United States Navy Chief of Naval Operations Vern Clark to align the fleet in order to allow it to effectively achieve its primary mission.
- A Focus on Future Readiness. Fanning, Timothy O. // Sea Power;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the speech of U.S. Chief of Naval Operations Administrator Vern Clark about accomplishments of the fleet. Validation of assessment on performance of naval personnel; Focus of the administration; Commitment to rebuild the U.S. armed forces.
- CNO Visits Fleet in San Diego. // All Hands;Nov2000, Issue 1003, p13
Deals with the visit of United States Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark to Navy leaders and sailors in San Diego, California in 2000.
- Sea Power 21 To Shape Future Navy. Ham IV, Walter T. // All Hands;Dec2002, Issue 1028, p14
Explains the Sea Power 21 vision of the U.S. Navy, as discussed by Chief of Naval Operations Vern Clark in his message to the U.S. naval fleet in 2002.