Chancellor, Clear Channel deal likely
- Station mergers hit CCRS. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);9/7/2000, p11
Reports the consolidation of Clear Channel Radio Sales (CCRS) in Great Britain. Impact of the establishment of the internal sales agency of the Wireless Group on CCRS; Transfer of the CCRS-held sales contracts of local stations to Opus, the sovereign agency of GWR; Effect of the outdoor and...
- CLEAR CHANNELS DEAL. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;10/9/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 27, p4
Reports the plan of Clear Channel Communications to acquire Ackerley Group. Terms of the agreement; Expansion of Clear Channel's radio coverage; Assets of Ackerley Group.
- No Spoiler Bids Will Surface for Ackerley. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the negotiations for the acquisition of the Ackerley Group Inc. as of October 15, 2001. Estimated amount offered by Clear Channel Communications Inc. for the acquisition of Ackerley Group; Information on the Ackerley Group; Revenue of Ackerley Group for the second quarter of 2001.
- Clear Channel wins battle for More Group. Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week (01419285);06/04/98, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p7
Reports that the Clear Channel company has purchased 50 percent of the More Group company shares. Other company involved in the bid; Investments which will be made by the company; Comments from Roger Parry, More Group chief executive.
- Clear Channel `regains' global leadership with ...300m deal. // Marketing Week (01419285);06/17/99, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p13
Reports on Clear Channel's acquisition of Dauphin OTA. Total worth of the deal; Significance of the deal to Clear Channel; Terms of the agreement.
- Clear Channel Exploits the Synergies Between Radio and Live Events. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p20
Reports on United States-based Clear Channel Communications Inc.'s acquisition of SFX Entertainment Inc. Combined company's expansion of Clear Channel's advertising reach; Increase in the companies' market share; Company profiles.
- Are TV values winding down? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 43, p28
Reports on the takeover of Ackerley Communications Inc. by Clear Channel in the United States. Examination of the deal by analysts and bankers; Use of lesser valuation multiples; Restructuring in the management of the television division.
- A cloud over Clear Channel. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/26/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on the impact of the acquisition of WKKJ (FM) in by Clear Channel Chillicothe, Ohio. Elimination of all radio competition; Assets of Clear Channel; Charges faced by Clear Channel.
- SFX buyout portends lucrative advertising deals. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p7
Reports on San Antonio, Texas-based Clear Channel Communications Inc.'s acquisition of New York-based SFX Entertainment Inc. Value of the deal; Impact of the deal to SFX's marketing ties in San Diego, California; Benefits expected by both companies from the deal.