question OF THE MONTH: WHAT RESULT OF YOUR VEGETARIAN DIET HAS SURPRISED YOU?
- 15 Food Facts That Could Inspire You To Eat More Like a Vegetarian. Smith, Susan Male // Environmental Nutrition;Jun2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1
The article offers suggestions on how to eat more vegetables and less of the meat products. It cites the topics discussed during the 5th International Congress on Vegetarian Nutrition held at Loma Linda University in Californa that centered on food facts that could urge people to eat more like a...
- veggie bits. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p22
Reports on developments about vegetarian foods in the U.S. Cascadian Farm's offer of frozen organic sliced peaches; Charitable donations to the Vegetarian Resource Group under the Combined Federal Campaign of the government; 505 Southwestern's introduction of certified organic chile sauces and...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2003, p9
Offers information on vegetarian food in Australia. Features of Harvest Personal Melons; Benefits of Olivado Avocado Oil; Book of recipes from the Chestnut Growers of Australia.
- STREET TALK. Gustafson, Michelle // Missoula Independent;4/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
The article presents the views of the general public of Missoula, Montana on the challenges of being vegetarian.
- Test tube cutlets taste like the real thing. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2012, Issue 850, p25
The article reports on the vegetarian cutlet called LikeMeat that was developed by researchers at the Germany-based Fraunhofer Institute which is said to have the same texture and consistency as meat.
- Introducing New Ingredients for Meatless Jerkies. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Reports that West Virginia-based Primal Spirit has developed varieties of meatless foods. Foods made from shiitake mushrooms and seitan; Contact information.
- Bulletin board. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2003, p8
Reports on developments related to vegetarian food in Australia. Update of information on survey of vegetarian restaurants; Opening of Oink, the online Animal Liberation shop; Promotion of salads by McCormick Salad Solutions.
- Picky Eatin': Vegetarian Hebrew Soul Food. Simmons-Lamm, Rebecca E. // Atlanta;Feb2000, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p134
Recommends the Garvey Burger dish at Soul Vegetarian restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. Invention of the recipe by vegetarian guru, Ben Ammi.
- readers speak. Jurchak, Julie // Yoga Journal;Apr2007, Issue 202, p123
The article presents the readers' response to a public opinion poll concerning food preferences. It is reported that about 57 percent of readers stated why they have chosen vegetarian diet, while 43 percent of readers informed that as they mostly eat organic diets they are unwilling to choose a...