- Reward offered for robbery clues. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p2
Reports the reward proposition of a furniture retailer in Liverpool, England for any robbery-related information. Estimation of robbed amount; Reason for the reward; Accounts of the robbery.
- Bungling ramraiders broke into store that was open. // Cabinet Maker;11/13/98, Issue 5114, p4
Reports on the robbery attempt at the Suite Factory Outlet in Bradford, England. Account on the incident; Plans of the furniture maker to improve security within its premises.
- Reading. // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p26
Focuses on the status of Reading as a major commercial center and transport exchange in England. Derivation of the name from the Saxon word Readingas; Description of the city; Presence of The Oracle shopping and leisure complex in the city.
- Transatlantic shopping. Berman, Ann E.; Herrera, Philip // Town & Country;Apr98, Vol. 152 Issue 5215, p72
Reports on the shopping opportunities in the European furniture and decorative objects markets. Price advantage of shopping in Europe; Abundance of choice.
- Some signs of hope in two arenas. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p43
Reports the increase in furniture industry services geared towards the bridal market in the United States. Lack of involvement from furniture makers in the past years; Indication of a change in trend seen in the publication of the supplement to The New York Times called 'Weddings 2001';...
- Home is (mainly) where the heart is. Ashworth // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discusses factors considered when buying furniture in Great Britain.
- Oldham. // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p6
Relates a mystery shopper's experiences at several furniture stores in Great Britain. Attitude of a salesman at Mann's on Yorkshire Street; Fieldings at Mumps, which specializes in mahogany and cherrywood cabinet and occasional furniture; Warm welcome from the staff of Atherton House Furniture...
- Portsmouth. // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p10
Introduces reports on independent shopping professionals on their visits to furniture shops and talks with staff.
- gateshead. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p10
Presents a group of mystery shoppers' ratings of various furniture retailers in Great Britain. Ikea in Metro Park West; Homebase of Team Valley Retail Park; Harveys of Team Valley Retail Park; Conroys at Metrocentre. INSET: Conroys.