Coping with a crisis
- Assembling deals on flat-pack homes. Gallagher, Rosemary // Mortgage Strategy;11/7/2005, p31
Reports on the plan of IKEA AB to offer BoKlok AB Concept of flat-pack homes in Great Britain. Number of homes already constructed in Scandinavia; Estimates on the price of the house; Design of the houses.
- IKEA supersizes Philly location. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the business expansion of Ikea in Pennsylvania. Launch of additional stores; Variation of the merchandise assortment; Plan of store remodelling.
- Story overtakes Ikea founder's doubts. // Furniture/Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p59
Reports on the misinterpretation of the business expansion plans of Ingvar Kamprad, the founder of Ikea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Volatility of the economy; Confusion arising from the news stories.
- JUST THE JOB. // Marketing (00253650);1/12/2005, p95
The article presents information on the long checkout queues and seemingly unfathomable self-assembly instructions associated with the brand, crowds still flock to IKEA stores. One reason for its success is the way it displays products in believable room settings. These instore environments are...
- Ikea starts big Edmonton unit. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p6
Reports the shop constructed by Sweden-based furniture shop, Ikea in Edmonton, Canada. Growth of annual sales; Amount of store construction; Plan of Ikea to construct a display room in Montreal.
- IKEA gets its act together in home. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the business plans of textile retailer Ikea in the U.S. Emphasis on product coordination; Flexibility of the textile design options; Answer to the needs of the customers.
- IKEA Docks at Long Wharf. Sokol, David // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the business expansion of home furnishing retailer Ikea AB in New Haven, Connecticut. Purchase of real property from Westfield America; Opposition of the residents and architects on the plan of Ikea; Renovation of the office space.
- Online selling plan. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p5
Reports on the business plans of Ikea AB Great Britain. Expansion of the store of the company; Limitations in the electronic retailing of the company; Strategy of the company to sell online.
- Ikea breaks ground in Philly. // Furniture/Today;5/19/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the expansion plan of Ikea AB and has broken ground for its second unit store in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.