Making up for a long absence
- Parker Knoll joins Christie-Tyler stable. // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p3
Reports on the purchase of Parker Knoll by Christie-Tyler from Silentnight Group in Great Britain. Nee d for changing some of the product without hurting the quality; Comment of Christie-Tyler chief executive Scott Malvenan on acquiring the brand; Negotiation on the sale of the Nathan brand.
- Parker Knoll: returns in July as British made brand. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2005, Issue 5433, p3
The article reports that Parker Knoll will be British made when it returns to the market, possibly at the London Interiors exhibition in July. The brand was bought by Christie-Tyler last month from Silentnight Group for an undisclosed sum and has not been available to retailers since last...
- Parker Knoll favours old lines over new show launch. // Cabinet Maker;6/17/2005, Issue 5443, p3
The article reports on the decision of Christie-Tyler company to postpone the launching of furniture from Parker Knoll Upholstery company in favor of old bestselling brands for furniture retailers in Great Britain. The company scheduled the launching of old bestselling furniture at the company's...
- New opportunity for brands. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p3
Comments on the challenges faced by those who will market and reinvigorate the products of branded furniture companies, Parker Knoll, Ducal, Nathan and Stag.
- Nathan gets another chance. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p9
The article presents information about Nathan, a British cabinet brand. After a long time Nathan has finally found a new owner. Its former sister brand Parker Knoll, which was sold to Christie-Tyler in February, 2005, will now be produced in South Wales, but Nathan's production is likely to move...
- 'Cautious optimism' sums it up. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p24
Shares views on the outlook of the furniture industry in the United States in 2001. Analysis of furniture sales in 2000; Continuation of consolidations, mergers, acquisitions and partnerships within the industry; Increase use of brand names to gain a competitive edge; Regional furniture...
- C-T tipped for Parker Knoll buy. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p3
The article reports that Christie-Tyler is the likely buyer of Parker Knoll. A decision is expected in the next week. Parker Knoll owner Silentnight Group has been in exclusive negotiations with the would-be bidder for a month. A decision had been expected by the end of January but no agreement...
- August At Home for PK. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p3
Reports that Parker Knoll will hold `At Home,' a three day furniture show at its High Wycombe showroom in England in August 1999.
- Staff face layoffs as PK 'goes back to its roots' // Cabinet Maker;3/14/2003, Issue 5328, p1
Reports on the separation of the upholstery and cabinet businesses of Parker Knoll furniture company.