A tough task for Milan show
- Deep sleep. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p26
The article cites that latex and visco-elastic dominated the bed sector but manufacturers are struggling to protect prices from the effects of high raw material costs. If there was any confusion as to what the trend in beds would be this year, The Furniture Show was quick to dispel that. The...
- Pitti Filati Vendors See Snags From Weak Dollar, Rising Costs. Epiro, Stephanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/6/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 28, p28
The article highlights the outlook of textile vendors exhibiting at the Pitt Filati trade show for the Italian yarn industry in 2007. After years of negative growth and dropping sales, 2006 marked a turnaround for the industry, which increased sales by 1.3 percent. Although many of the...
- Sales declines, cost hikes hurt public companies. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/19/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p16
The article reports on the decline of the earnings for eight of the 12 publicly held companies on the top 25 list in 2007 due to weaker sales and rising raw materials and shipping costs in the U.S. The rising cost for imported goods was attributed to rising labor and raw materials expenses in...
- Tupelo promotes 'specials' // Furniture/Today;8/8/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p2
Reports on the launch of a Tupelo-Only Special program by Tupelo Furniture Market in Tupelo, Mississippi. Highlights of exhibitors that are offering special value pricing during the market; Aid of the program to allow retailers to make more money in the furniture industry; Offering a...
- Shanghai show also caters to domestic market. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;10/9/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p71
The article provides information on the 12th China International Furniture Exposition in Shanghai, China. In this event, Kuka, a leather producer, has about 35 percent of its sale in the domestic market. Kasen, an upholstery producer, was also pushing its brand. Furthermore, Ashley Furniture saw...
- Autumn Fair adds to Accents. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p7
Reports that the Home Accents section of the Autumn Fair is set to grow by a quarter. Schedule of the fair; Programs and activities; Exhibitors.
- New interiors show to have a public day. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p6
Reports on the plan to conduct a public furniture show called London Interiors in July 2005 in London, England. Support of consumer marketing and trade marketing campaign for the show; Opportunity for manufacturers to showcase products directly to end user; Schedule for the trade event.
- Maison&Objet pulls in the overseas crowd. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p7
Reports on the number of companies that participated in the Maison and Object furniture exhibition held in Paris, France.
- Maison & Objet traffic up 8.3%. // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p10
The article features the Maison & Objet, the decorative home products show Paris, France. The event drew 76, 249 buyers in January 2006, an 8.3 percent increase from the year 2005. The survey of buyers at the show also indicated that morale was on the rise, as was their purchasing power and...