Jail sentence for employee who stole takings
- RANTS & RAVES. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/30/2012, Issue 3017, p25
The article presents the authors' insights on the book-keeper who stole money from him over 20 months and got a four-month- sentence.
- Four men sentenced to prison for homosexuality in Egypt. // Arab American News;4/12/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1470, p3
The article reports on the sentence given by a court in Cairo, Egypt on April 7, 2014 that upheld the imprisonment of four men for practicing homosexuality.
- Killers baked remains into human pies. // Hill;11/17/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 114, p14
The article reports on the two-decade imprisonment sentence given to a Brazilian man, his wife and his mistress after their conviction of killing two women and eating and using their flesh in making stuffed pastries.
- Health and safety breath?--Go directly to jail. Morrison, Chris // Employers Law;Dec2008/Jan2009, p20
The article assesses the impact of the Health and Safety (H&S) (Offences) Act 2008 in Great Britain. Due to come into force in January 2009, the H&S Act in no way alters existing health and safety requirements, but it will transform sentencing for H&S breaches, increasing significantly the...
- Executions, Imprisonment and Crime in Trinidad and Tobago. Greenberg, David F.; Agozino, Biko // British Journal of Criminology;Jan2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p113
The effect of death sentences, executions and imprisonment on crime rates in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is assessed using annual time series data from 1955 to 2005. Policy implications of the research findings are drawn, and speculations are offered as to the reasons for the recent...
- SOME CONSIDERATIONS ON EXECUTION OF NON-CUSTODIAL SANCTIONS. RUJAN, Ion Cristinel // Annals of the Constantin Brancusi University of Targu Jiu-Letter;2014, Issue 1, p109
FOR COMMITTING ANTISOCIAL ACTS WHICH ARE CRIMES AND ARE CIRCUMSCRIBED TO CRIMINAL PENALTIES, ARE APPLIED SANCTIONS THAT ARE INDIVIDUALIZED, MAINLY IN RELATION TO THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE DEEDS OF THEIR DANGEROUS CONSEQUENCES AND THE OFFENDERS' PERSONALITY. EXECUTION OF SENTENCES IS DONE...
- Grass sentenced to eight years. // Drug Store News;6/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p20
Reports that Rite Aid former chief executive officer Martin Grass was sentenced to eight years in prison for his involvement in a multi-billion accounting scandal
- Vanunu released. // Progressive;Jul2004, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the April 2004 release of Israeli Mordechai Vanunu from prison after serving a sentence for revealing Israeli nuclear secrets.
- PLACEBO JUSTICE: VICTIM RECOMMENDATIONS AND OFFENDER SENTENCES IN SEXUAL ASSAULT CASES. Walsh, Anthony // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Winter1986, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p1126
The article focuses on victim recommendations and offender sentences in sexual assault cases particularly in Ohio. The criminal code of Ohio requires that a "victim impact" statement be included in all presentence reports and that a victim sentencing recommendation be included in cases involving...