- comment. Oliphant, Jane // Housewares;Jun2004, Issue 183, p3
Explores houseware retailers' use of the Internet to improve sales in the United States. Success of grocery chains selling housewares; Online presence of independent houseware retailers; Addition of trading web sites.
- Online Design. // Architectural Digest;Feb2007, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p74
The article highlights the mid-century furnishings sold at the online shop Sally Rosen 20th Century Collections. Among the items sold by Sally Rosen are a Paul Frankel chest and a circa 1929 Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret and Charlotte Perriand desk made for the Paris Salon d'Automne....
- Taking stock of the hub. // Finance Week;05/26/2000, p12
Focuses on the proposed electronic trading hub for South Africa's household goods sector. Solutions to the problem of cost structures in the retail trade; Reduction of administrative costs; Inventory management for both retailers and manufacturers.
- Furniture etailing need not be an Amazon task. // Cabinet Maker;04/06/2001, Issue 5232, p4
Encourages online house furnishing companies to follow the business methods of traditional retailers in order to prosper.
- Habitat to sell range online. Jones, Gareth // Marketing (00253650);12/13/2006, p12
The article reports that Habitat Inc., a home furnishings retailer, is relaunching its web site as an e-commerce web portal. The portal will allow consumers across Europe to shop for the firm's products online. The advertising agency Digit London has been asked to design it. The portal will...
- SERVICE MERCHANDISE OPENS 'VIRTUAL DOORS' // JCK;Sep2004, Vol. 175 Issue 9, p148
Reports that the retail firm Service Merchandise Co. is reinventing itself as an online merchant with a business model that allows manufacturers and other vendors to act as partners. Offer of a wide selection of jewelry, home and garden products, toys and small appliances on its Web site.
- WHIRLPOOL INTRODUCES ONLINE ORDERING. // Kitchen & Bath Business;Aug2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the launch of an online ordering system by Whirlpool Corp. in August 2003. Features of the online system; Significance of trade customers and consumers.
- Home online mantra is 'logistics.' Carroll, Brian // Home Textiles Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the annual Home Furnishings Online conference which highlighted the need for logistical expertise to ensure the success of online retailers that offer home furnishings in the United States. Speakers during the conference; Participants; Events; Topics for discussion.
- Online/offline partnerships in spotlight. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;07/24/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the issues discussed at the 2000 Home Furnishings Online conference held in Chicago, Illinois. Advantages brought by brick-and-mortar retailers to the Internet marketplace; Experiences by United States furniture and dotcom businesses.