Yorkshire pair not guilty
- Brizzi supporter Epperly no stranger to controversy. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/8/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p4
The article focuses on Indianapolis businessman Harrison Epperly, who succeeded in his business in Indiana. Epperly started his career by establishing a service station and has expanded into 23-store chain that were soled for 11.1 million dollars in 1986. However, Epperly was linked to a...
- No parallel imports. Jensen, Jorn Rossing // Daily Variety;3/30/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 67, p6
Reports that a Swedish businessman was sentenced by a Stockholm court to pay to distributors for parallel import of American digital video discs.
- Failed air boss's life sentence is upheld. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/15/2004, Issue 2605, p7
Reports that failed airline entrepreneur Neil Duncan Robertson's appeal against life sentence was rejected in Great Britain. Child sex offenses of Duncan.
- Hazards of the sentencing guidelines. O'Toole, Franklin // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the United States Federal sentencing guidelines which determines fines for criminal offenses. Background and focus of the guidelines; Nonmonetary punishment; Monetary punishment; Calculation of fines; Minimum action steps for the company seeking to protect itself.
- The Nation's Felons. Tischler, Eric // Corrections Today;Aug99, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the felony convictions in the United States. Counts of convicted felonies in the country in 1996; Growth of state felony convictions in 1988; Average jail sentence for offenders.
- Age and Occupational Status of Defendant in Relation to Mock Juror Sentencing Recommendations. Loeffler, Rebecca L.; Lawson, Timothy J. // Current Psychology;Fall2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p289
This study extended the research of Smith & Hed (1975) by examining the effect of age and occupational status on sentencing recommendation by mock jurors. Participants read a description of a crime committed by a young or old and high or low status defendant, recommended a sentence, and...
- Retroactive amendments revisited. Goodwin, Catharine M. // Federal Probation;Sep94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p58
Reports on the Sentencing Commission's revision of it retroactive amendment procedure, Policy Statement 1B1.10. Elimination of guideline applications and fact determinations; Other amendments passed by the Commission.
- Reports received. // Federal Probation;Sep94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p72
Reviews the report `The Consequences of Mandatory Minimum Prison Terms: A Summary of Recent Findings,' issued by the Federal Judicial Center in Washington, D.C.
- Organizational probation under the federal sentencing guidelines[a]. Green, Gary S. // Federal Probation;Dec98, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the legal background for organization probation in the United States. Analysis of United States Sentencing Commission data on organizations sentenced under Chapter 8; Types of organizations; Offense types; Characteristics of convicted organizations.