Flotation for Land of Leather
- Big names and big games. // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2005, Issue 5420, p4
The article reports that one furniture company stood out for its impact on the retail sector in 2004--SB Capital Europe. The company began the year completing the acquisition of Furnitureland for about 3-4 million pound, beating off the attempted MBO by ChrisPeddar. It finished the year by...
- Strong growth at LoL. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p4
Reports on the confirmation on the plan of Land of Leather to float on the stock market. Increase of the life-for-like sales from December 2004 to May 2005; Estimated value of the flotation; Plan of the company to increase average selling price.
- Peddar resigns after Furnitureland sale. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p3
Reports on Chris Peddar's resignation as head of British furniture company Furnitureland following its takeover by SB Capital Europe. Replacement of Peddar by Peter Dickson; Purchase price; Failed attempts by SB Capital Europe to buy the Sanity music chain and electrical retail company Powerhouse.
- Analysts' targets lift market mood. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p6
The article discusses the share price status of furniture industry in Great Britain. Homestyle dropped from 21 share price to 93 share price and the figures were unsatisfying for the August 2006 period. Marks & Spencer PLC has invested 10 share prices which showed ahead of interim figures for...
- Demerger details fail to restore GUS. // Cabinet Maker;4/14/2006, Issue 5483, p6
The article reports on the share performance of corporations involved in furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. GUS company lost 58 percent after confirming the demerger of the group into Argos Retail and Experian while Kingfisher PLC lost 14 percent after rumor mongers failed to...
- Back to basics warning. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p3
The article offers information regarding the sales performance of volume sofa retail companies like ScS Sofas and Land of Leather. According to a report available on www.cabinet-maker.co.uk, it was discovered that these two companies are facing a steep decline in delivered sales, with profits...
- Stancroft ups LoL and ScS stake. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2008, Issue 5582, p3
The article reports on the increase in investment company Stancroft Trust's shareholding in Land of Leather (LoL) and ScS. Stancroft has grown its stake in both firms, from 3.5% shares of LoL in January to 13.02% whereas its shares in ScS have grown from 3.20% in January to 8.36%. Both companies...
- LoL sells 50% stake to Furniture parent. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2004, Issue 5398, p3
Reports on the acquisition of shares of the furniture retailer Land of Leather (LoL) by SB Capital Group in Great Britain. Investments of SB Capital in the country; Retirement of Jerry Briant from LoL; List of shareholders of LoL.
- Taking action is the safer move. // Cabinet Maker;5/30/2008, Issue 5589, p6
The article examines the condition of the furniture retail trade in Great Britain and the implication of the Travolta/Micawber principle of investment. It mentions that Land of Leather and ScS Inc. lost 15p [41%] and 15p [29%] respectively when many investors bailed out from May 18 to 24, 2008....