Parker Knoll joins Christie-Tyler stable
- Making up for a long absence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p9
Comments on the acquisition of Parker Knoll brand by furniture firm Christie-Tyler in Great Britain. Lack of plans of the company for Parker Knoll; Plan to convince retailers to stock the brand after an absence of several months; Important factor considered by many potential stocklists.
- Silentnight will invest in Parker Knoll. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p1
Reports on the impending investment of Silentnight into Parker Knoll if its cash takeover bid is successful. Silentnight's expectation on return to profitability; Insufficient investment being experienced by the Parker Knoll furniture brand; Uncertainty on the future of the fabric division,...
- Wake up call at Parker Knoll. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p5
Discusses furniture company Silentnight Holdings's radical action for reviving Parker Knoll (PK) in Great Britain. Year-zero management approach of PK; Reduction of workforce; Corporate reorganization.
- Parker Knoll favours old lines over new show launch. // Cabinet Maker;6/17/2005, Issue 5443, p3
The article reports on the decision of Christie-Tyler company to postpone the launching of furniture from Parker Knoll Upholstery company in favor of old bestselling brands for furniture retailers in Great Britain. The company scheduled the launching of old bestselling furniture at the company's...
- Silentnight will keep Ducal and Parker Knoll. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p46
The article presents a reprint of the article "Silentnight will keep Ducal and Parker Knoll," which appeared in the October 11, 2002 issue of "Cabinet Maker." It focuses on the plan of the new management of British furniture firm Silentnight Holdings PLC composed of chief executive Nino Allenza...
- Letters. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p8
Presents several letters to the editor referencing articles and topics related to furniture published in previous issues of the journal "Cabinet Maker." Grief expressed at the premature death of Sally Smith, former Christie-Tyler group design director; Thanks offered by Chris Winwood, Sitting...
- Silentnight USA sale will finance UK expansion. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p4
Reports the expansion by acquisition of bed and cabinet group Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain.
- C-T tipped for Parker Knoll buy. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p3
The article reports that Christie-Tyler is the likely buyer of Parker Knoll. A decision is expected in the next week. Parker Knoll owner Silentnight Group has been in exclusive negotiations with the would-be bidder for a month. A decision had been expected by the end of January but no agreement...
- Silentnight will keep Ducal and Parker Knoll. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/11/2002, Issue 5308, p1
Reports on the reorganization of the Ducal and Parker Knoll by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. Search for a non-executive director by the Silentnight; Development of the partnership with the customers; Commitment of Silentnight to the other companies.