TRAINING NEEDS & MEDIA
- FIRELINE SAFETY TRAINING COURSE AVAILABLE ON CD-ROM. Alexander, Martin E. // Fire Management Today;Spring2001, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the availability of fireline safety training course on compact disc read-only-memory (CD-ROM) in Canada. Benefits of the Utilization of an interactive multimedia technology; System requirements of the CD-ROM; Inclusion of video and audio clips on the CD-ROM.
- THE BOOK OF BOOKS. // Machine Design;9/4/2003, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p95
Presents information on "The Book of Books," handbook that includes a comprehensive selection of scientific and technical books, CD-ROMs, videos and software, from Omega Engineering Inc. Categories; Information on how to order a copy of the handbook.
- Fire officer training program. Matty, Dennis R. // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p14
Highlights the training programs of fire officers in the United States. Components of the training programs; Responsibilities of a fire officer; Information on how fire departments can help in development of firefighters' skills.
- QUICK DRILLS. Grube, Martin C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p16
Presents test drills for firefighters to test their ability to obtain information. Street identification; Bridges and overpasses; Railroad crossings; Helicopter landing zones; Elevator rescue; Car fires.
- Firefighters' fatal error means it can all be over in a flash. // New Scientist;4/27/96, Vol. 150 Issue 2027, p13
Reports on Essex County Fire and Rescue Services' Flashover Training System at Wethersfield airfield in Braintree, Great Britain. Helping firefighters spot the warning signs of an impending flashover; Cause of a fireball; Prevention.
- TRIAL BY FIRE. Battersby, Stephen // Current Science;4/30/2010, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p12
The article offers information on the training undergone by fire fighters in Texas to prevent fires from happening in the area as well as mentions steps on how to stop it.
- Rescue Files Trapped on a CD-RW Gone Bad. Spector, Lincoln // PCWorld;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p206
Provides advice for computer users. How to use files burned to a compact disk that are corrupted; How to print folder directories.
- USFA offers Mayday Training CD-ROM. // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p52
The article reports that the two courses on the Mayday Training CD-ROM can be incorporated into Firefighter I and II curricula or used for in-service training for experienced firefighters in the U.S. The course includes an instructor's manual, job performance requirements, and skills-check...
- Information box meets the demand. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p42
This article reports that the Premises Information Box system, launched in August 2004, is reported as continuing to meet a demand across a wide range of industry sectors. Developed by Gerda Security, working with London Fire Brigade, the Premises Information Box holds information to assist the...