- SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p5
Presents several firefighting protective clothing and equipment. Eagle HTC line of high-temperature carbon-blend hoods; Modular Liner System; Salamnader Technologies Inc.'s Fire-Trax CE; Quest Technologies' AQ5000Pro handheld indoor air quality monitor; Fol-da-tank's tarpaulins.
- FIRE DEPARTMENTS. Dunnings Jr., Thomas J. // Reader's Companion to American History;1991, p400
Information about the history and development of fire service in the U.S. is presented. Chimney laws, bucket brigades and hand-pump engines were among the early equipments used in fire prevention. The development of the self-propelled steam engine was discussed. Information about the...
- TÅ°ZOLTÃ“ ESZKÃ–Z ÃTALAKÃTÃSA NEM HALÃLOS FEGYVERRÃ‰. Dániel, Mátyás // HadmÃ©rnÃ¶k;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p81
The present paper is an analysis carried out by the fire-fighting tool, which has already been demonstrated in a previous article by the author. This article gives an appropriate definition of responsibilities and clarification after a known transformation tool to overcome the shortcomings of...
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Presents several fire station equipment and products. Tyco Thermal Controls' 1850-SE cable encasement; All A Board Inc.'s pine wardrobes; UniMac's laundry equipment.
- TRAINING NEEDS & MEDIA. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p9
Presents several firefighting training equipment and products. Armstrong Medical Industries' Actar AED Trainer; Review cards; WHP Training Towers' 911 Trainer tower; Innovative Data Communications' multimedia projector.
- Guidelines for selecting Class A foam. Powell, Karen // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p9
Provides guidelines to firefighters on selecting Class A foam product. Characteristics of an ideal Class A foam product; Criteria for selecting a Class A foam; Importance of the approval of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Forest Service.
- APPARATUS & COMPONENTS. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p6
Presents several firefighting apparatus and components. Digital Signal Rocker Switch for marine applications; RollaBenches by Torqer Inc.; Hansen International's Premium Series roll-up door; Intertech Research Engineering's suppression vehicle; Truck Craft's TC-500 truck flat beds.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p7
Presents several firefighting tools and equipment. Key-Mate compact flashlight by Streamlight; Tomar Electronics' traffic control system; Indigo Systems Corp.'s TH-10 infrared camera system; Kestral Pocket Weather Meters' 4000 Tracker chart; Allegro Industries' blowers.
- RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p10
Presents several fire rescue and extrication equipment. TNT Rescue Systems' ram; American rescue Technology's 16 Brute Various tool; Life Support International's rescue sled; Ajax Rescue Tools' rescue hammer kit; Paratech's air cushions.