- RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p5
Features several rescue and extrication equipments. Safety features of Chain Saw Safety Light from National Fire Fighter; Ergonomic design of Hammer Drill manufactured by Hilti Inc.; Specifications of MacKenzie chainsaw pack produced by Frontline Safety Gear.
- APPARATUS & COMPONENTS. // Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p8
Features several apparatus and component supplies. Design of the automatic vehicle identification system manufactured by Reno A & E; Specifications of Hurricane Trailer from Foster Rescue Products; Usability of electrical cords designed by Autac Inc.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Design News;1/22/90, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p123
Features several new engineering design products manufactured in the U.S. Full-featured mass and volume calculator program of Mass2 for personal computers and compatibles; Thermal, chemical and hydrolysis resistance properties of XYTREX compounds; Offering of conformability, impact absorption...
- The top ten product mistakes - and how to avoid them. Cagan, Martin // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p1
Conventional wisdom, and the conventional way of doing things, may be right for certain situations, but developing and bringing new products to market is definitely not one of them. In fact, many very good companies often make some critical mistakes and the wrong assumptions. This widely...
- SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p6
Features several protective clothing and equipments. Design of Turnout Gear from Fire-Dex Inc.; Specifications of Station Boot produced by LaCrosse Footwear Inc.; Protection features of USRX dual-use helmet designed by Bullard.
- Better Safe Than Sorry. Goodden, Randall L. // Quality Progress;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses issues concerning the number of product recalls of children's toys worldwide in 2007. It cites that the number of product recalls drew worldwide attention to product safety and defective products. It states that the product recalls were not just the result of out-of-control...
- It Will Take a Bigger Village to Raise Nano Products. Chiarello-Ebner, Kaylynn // Pharmaceutical Technology;Nov2006, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the market condition of the new nanotech-based drug products. According to the report commissioned by the Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies, the Food and Drug Administration's legal authority and other fundamental inadequacies hinder the agency's ability to determine...
- Portable Puller Packs Its Own Drive Motor. Alcantara, Jaclyn // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Nov2005, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p14
The article evaluates the cable puller Ultra Tugger 2 and offers information on its weight, design, safety features and cost.
- Product Briefs. // Medical Device Daily;3/ 5/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p10
The article offers a preview of several medical device including the Ascom Unite Axess for Smart Devices from Ascom Wireless Solutions, Synapse VNA technology from FujiFilm Medical Systems, and the Neutron catheter patency device from ICU Medical.