In a Debt-Averse State, Garvees, Anyone?
- Volume Down by Almost Half as Issuers Ready $5 Billion. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32599, p7
The article reports on the $5 billion projected volume settling in the primary market after a massive general obligation (GO) refunding in the U.S. Georgia is scheduled to sell almost $600 million of GO in three series. It says that the bonds will be issued through the Georgia State Financing...
- Triple-A Rated Georgia Sets Mostly Tax-Exempt $103M Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p3
Reports that the state of Georgia will wrap up its bond deals for the year 2005 with a general obligation offering that will consist of five-year bonds. Structure of the triple-A debt that the state will issue; Lead bond counsel and financial adviser of the deal; Purpose of the bond issuance.
- Rhode Island Readies $93 Million GO Sale for Highway Improvements. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32246, p36
Reports on the anticipated issuance of new general obligation debt by the state of Rhode Island. Amount involved in the debt issuance; Aim of the initiative to raise funding for the highway improvement program; Bond counsel of the transaction.
- Pennsylvania Readies $600 Million, Including $50M for Growing Greener. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p40
Reports on the impending sale of general obligation bonds by the government of Pennsylvania for its Growing Greener II environmental preservation program. Total amount of bonds to be issued; Financial adviser on the upcoming deal; Rating of the state's general obligation debt.
- Michigan Says Payments Will Be Met, Even Without Budget. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/28/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32723, p3
The article reports on the issues that the state of Michigan would continue making debt payments even without a new budget in place by the October 1, 2007 start of the fiscal year, according to analysts and officials. According to the report, the state has $1.6 billion of outstanding general...
- Vermont, Newly Upgraded by Moody's, Gets Ready to Issue $30 Million of GOs. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32566, p29
The article reports that Vermont will competitively sell $30 million of general obligation bonds to fund a variety of building, education, agriculture, and safety projects for the state. The $ 30 million will be used for various state projects, including $9.7 million for state buildings, $3.1...
- Georgia Goes Negotiated With $614M of GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/29/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33051, p1
The article reports on the move made by the governing body of Georgia to begin a two-day sale of $613.85 million of general obligation bonds. According to the article, the fixed-rate sale is cited to be the state's first ever negotiated new-money offering nationally. Meanwhile, the deal would...
- Key Virginia Lawmaker Slashes Road Bond Proposal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p32
The article reports that Virginia House Appropriations Committee chairman Vincent F. Callahan has said that he will reduce the proposed level of transportation revenue bond issuance in his 10-year road-building plan to US$675 million from the US$5 billion figure as proposed earlier. However, he...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p23
The article presents information on bonds issues by various Midwest states of the U.S.