Courting Jobs While Staying Conservative
- RIGHT TIME, RIGHT PLACE. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p45
The article looks at the business and economic developments in the west central region of Georgia for 2009, taking into account the global financial crises. An overview of the business developments in each county in the region is provided, along with the region's economic data and performance,...
- economic development around the state. Simo, Christy // Georgia Trend;Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p10
The article provides an overview of the economic development in the state of Georgia. The Port of Brunswick becomes the top automobile in the country. Shirvallabh Pittie Group considers constructing its first U.S. -based manufacturing plant in Screven County. Ken's Foods Inc. is planning to...
- Rising Tides. SADLER, DON // Georgia Trend;Apr2014, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p66
The article focuses on the contribution of the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project in the economic development in Southern Georgia. It mentions that the deeper channel is needed for the accommodation of the arrival of supersized ships via an expanded Panama Canal in 2015. Executive director Allen...
- Goin' South. Hardin, Marie // Georgia Trend;Jun2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on indications of economic differences in the southern region of Georgia. Diversity of economic trends in the Metro South economic development group; Strategies for strengthening local economies spearheaded by local officials.
- Regional economic development: The case of Georgia's Rural... Duke, Rick // Economic Development Review;Summer91, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p45
Reports on the Rural Economic Development Initiative (REDI) in the state of Georgia. Purpose of REDI; Comparision of similar programs to REDI; Recommendations given to REDI.
- A Sense Of Place. Lightsey, Ed // Georgia Trend;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p101
Three years ago, leaders in the tiny coastal village of Darien became frustrated by their inability to put together a One Georgia grant request for a downtown revitalization project. Shrimping had been a mainstay of the local economy for decades, but shrimp were disappearing from Georgia's...
- Bulloch making up fast for lost time. Lightsey, Ed // Georgia Trend;Jul99, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p95
Narrates the economic awakening of Statesboro-Bulloch Counties in Georgia. Stagnation of economy from 1978 to 1992; Merger of development authorities; Allocation of funding for economic development; Pumping of $200 million in new capitalization from 1993 to 1998; Nurturing of agricultural and...
- Expanding the Mission of State Economic Development. Bozeman, Barry // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter2000/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p33
Discusses state technology-based economic development (TED) programs in Georgia. Problems concerning TED programs in the U.S.; Background on the economic condition of Georgia; Details on the Georgia Research Alliance program.
- Georgia. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p24S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Georgia. Efforts to achieve high credit ratings; Issuance of state general obligation debt; Assurance to offer the lowest possible mortgage interest rate to state homebuyers; Data on total debt per capita; Comparison of employment growth between 1993 and...