A New Governor Mixes Optimism With Caution
- NEBRASKA. CAVANAGH, SEAN // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p19
The article discusses a speech made by Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman on January 13, 2011 about the creation of a virtual high school in the state, Nebraska's budget shortfall, and the preservation of education funding in light of state budget cuts.
- Untitled. Heineman, Dave // Nebraska Farmer;Sep2014, Vol. 156 Issue 9, Special section p20
A letter is presented from Dave Heineman, Governor of the State of Nebraska for the participants of the 37th Annual Husker Harvest Days (HHD) agricultural exhibition to be held in Nebraska.
- Life in a state where jobs sprout like rows of corn. Tucker, Randy // Christian Science Monitor;7/2/97, Vol. 89 Issue 152, p1
Looks at economic conditions and unemployment in Nebraska as of July 2, 1997. Nebraska's 2.3 percent unemployment, the lowest in the nation; The strength of the economy; Growth in telemarketing and food and database processing companies; Pressure for wage increases; Workers in Nebraska able to...
- Cash Shortfalls Put Focus on 'Second-Hand' Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p41A
Focuses on the economic condition of Nebraska in the fiscal year 2002. Estimated revenue deficits for the fiscal 2002-03 biennium; Problems that hinders achieving the reserved target; Amount appropriated by the legislators for capital projects.
- Illegal-Alien Tuition Defeats National Champion. Gizzi, John // Human Events;5/15/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p5
The article focuses on the defeat of State Representative Tom Osborne by Republican Govern David Heineman due to Heineman's veto of a bill to allow illegal aliens who graduate from high school in Nebraska and promise to continue trying to achieve U.S. citizenship to pay in-state tuition at state...
- Keystone XL re-route gets Nebraska approval. // Pipelines International;Mar2013, Issue 15, p8
The article reports that Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman has approved the re-route of the proposed 1,408 kilometers long Keystone XL Pipeline from the provider of gas storage services TransCanada PipeLines Ltd. through the state. It mentions that the decision has been taken owing to a report...
- Nebraska farm income to drop in 2012. // Nebraska Farmer;Sep2012, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p125
The article provides an overview of the economic growth in Nebraska wherein state economic forecasters expect the state's farm income to decline in 2012.
- NEBRASKA ECONOMIC INDICATORS IN RELATION TO THE UNITED STATES BUSINESS CYCLE. Roesler, Thodore W.; Wykstra, Ronald A. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring64, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p13
No abstract available.
- NC will take state checkoff idea on road. McCABE, DON // Nebraska Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p75
The article reports on the resolution of the Nebraska Beef Council on administering the current $1-per-head national beef checkoff in Nebraska which is supported by Nebraska Cattlemen in order to enhance beef promotion and education efforts.