Governor Calmly Faces a New Political Map
- Annex 7: The European Parliament. // European Lobbying Guide;1/4/2000, p114
The section provides an overview of the structure and membership of the European Parliament (EP). It offers information on the EP president and vice presidents who were elected in July 1999 and will serve until December 2001. It lists the various EP political groups and their officials. It also...
- TRANSITIONS TO CONSTITUTIONAL DEMOCRACY AND THE FATE OF DEPOSED DESPOTS. Murphy, Walter F. // Denver University Law Review;2003, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p415
Discusses the political range concerning the transitions of the government to constitutional democracy after the overthrow of a ruthless administration and the fate of the deposed administration in the U.S. Availability of several options for the solution of the problems for leaders of the new...
- Leaders need resolutions. Amsden, Patti // Collinsville Herald;1/9/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, pA5
The author comments on the need for members of the 113th U.S. Congress to make New Year's resoolution aimed to protect the security and integrity of the country.
- Deadline to Apply for Western Legislative Academy is April 9. // State News (Council of State Governments);Mar2007, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p37
The article announces that the deadline for the submission of applications for the 2007 legislative training program at the Western Legislative Academy in the U.S. is on April 9, 2007.
- A systematic analysis of members' environments and their expectations of elected leaders. Little, Thomas H. // Political Research Quarterly;Sep94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p733
Explores the context of legislative leadership by examining the relationship between members' political, electoral and institutional constraints and their expectations of legislative leaders. Members' expectations from their legislative leaders; Components of the legislative environment;...
- Determinants of collaborative leadership: Civic engagement, gender or organizational norms? Rosenthal, Cindy Simon // Political Research Quarterly;Dec98, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p847
Examines competing explanations of collaborative leadership styles of state legislative committee chairs. Increased likelihood of women chairs to cite as valuable the leadership skills they gain through community and volunteer experience as compared to their male counterparts; Gender, civic...
- Hawaii stands ready to become the Big Kahuna in Washington. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;11/19/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 127, p3
The article reports on the advantages of the increasing number of Hawaiian officials who have held various legislative clouts.
- State Legislative Leaders' Careers: Policy and Process Expertise, Sources of Policy Information,.... Little, Thomas H.; Deen, Rebecca; Clark, Jill // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Winter2001, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p1
Examines the effects of policy expertise and leadership skills on the career of legislative leaders in the United States. Importance of experience, policy expertise and leadership skills; Participation of legislative leaders in national professional organization; Extensibility of the interest...
- Redistricting Maneuvering Was 'Blatant Power Grab'. Roberts, Steve // State Journal (WV);8/12/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p29
In this article the author discusses aspects of the legislative redistricting of the West Viginia legislature which is considered as a charade and a travesty.