Climbing Out of a Hole Can Take a While
- BROKER REVIEWS. MacFarlane, Bruce; Jackson, Colin; Patel, Meera // Money Marketing;11/10/2005, p38
Highlights the ratings for different funds, securities and bonds offered by financial institutions in Great Britain.
- Balancing Fiscal Health With Big Projects. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p11
Focuses on the state of public finance in the District of Columbia at the start of 2005. Probability that the district will keep a tight rein on spending and maintain its investment-grade bond rating due to robust local economy and a red-hot real estate market; Increase in economic development...
- Despite Gains, the Game Remains the Same. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p18
Focuses on the state of public finance in New York. Upgrade of the state's bond rating by Moody's Investor Service; Budget proposed by Governor George Pataki which includes plans to close the budget deficit; Continued use of non-recurring resources and high-risk debt practices; Top bond issuers...
- Credit Agencies Give A-Plus to First-Time Issuer King Geome Counts, Va. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p32
Reports on the assignment of an implied general obligation bond rating given to King George County, Virginia by Fitch Ratings. Plan of the county to issue lease revenue bonds to construct schools; Sale of the bonds; Outstanding loans of the county.
- A-Plus for Seekonk. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p35
Reports that Standard & Poor's has upgraded Seekonk, Massachusetts to A-plus from A, citing the town's improving finances and management.
- With No Luck on Slots, Focus Turns to Cuts. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p13
Focuses on the state of public finance in Maryland at the start of 2005. Expected increase in income tax revenues due to higher employment levels, solid growth wages and salaries; Budget surplus incurred in the past year; Revenue-generation effort of Governor Robert Ehrlich; Bond ratings of the...
- Keeping Watch on a Modest Recovery. Larkin, Gary // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p12
Focuses on the state of public finance in Maine, led by Governor John E. Baldacci. Possible downgrade of the state's bond rating by Moody's Investor Service; Top issuers in the state and its spending priorities; Deficits faced by the state's general fund budget; Statement of state Treasurer...
- S&P lowers Yonkers hospital's bond rating. Rosycki, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;8/14/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p3
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered Saint John's Riverside Hospital's bond rating in New York. The hospital's bond rating has been lowered from BB to B+. According to a report, the lowered rating reflects the Yonkers hospital's deteriorating operating performance and growing...
- Hospital, Mandates Cost Westchester County, N.Y., Its Fitch AAA. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p3
Reports on the loss of a coveted triple-A credit ratings by Westchester County, New York. Reason for the depreciation of the bonds of the county; Liability for the rapidly deteriorating finances of Westchester Medical Center; Concerns from Fitch Ratings on the county's hospital's cash crisis.