Corporate-Friendly and Still Going Pretty Strong
- Shortfall Strategy: Debt Boost, Fee Hikes. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, Special section p22
The article focuses on the effort of Delaware to generate funding for its transportation projects. Several options have been considered by the state. These include privatization of public road but did not gain voters' support, increase in state's debt-issuing capability, and fee increases....
- Delaware's Minner Starts Off With Wealth of Experience. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;03/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31093, p4
Reports on the strategy of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner in strengthening the state's economy. Career history of Minner; Plans to issue bonds; Relationship with state lawmakers.'
- Governor's Agenda: Education, Health Care, 'Livable Delaware' McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p32
Reports on the plan of Democratic Governor, Ruth Ann Minner to focus her legislative agenda on new spending for education, health care, and Livable Delaware initiatives. Recommendation by the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Committee of the approval of a $2.816 billion revenue estimate...
- Delaware Governor: Fiscal Landscape Improving, But Restraint Still Needed. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p29
Reports on the comments of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner concerning the economy of her state. Estimated gains from added taxes and abandoned property revenue; Criticisms involving her past administration predecessors; Benefits of her final budget and bill proposal.
- Delaware Governor Unveils $3B Budget for Fiscal 2007. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p4
The article reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner released her fiscal 2007 budget plan. The following details were included in the plan: a proposed $402.1 million capital budget and a call for the issuance of $157.6 million in general obligation bonds. Minner also proposed to re-examine...
- Delaware Governor's $2.6B Budget Has $593M of Debt. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31811, p4
Reports on the fiscal budget for 2005 of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner. Amount of the budget; Worth of the bond bill intended for roads and schools; Allocated spending for economic development projects.
- Delaware Governor Taps New Budget Head. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31451, p29
Reports the appointment of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner to the position of acting budget director in the U.S.
- Delaware's Minner Proposes $2.74B Budget With $210 Million of GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32060, p38
Reports on the proposal of Delaware governor, Ruth Ann Minner, on a two-billion fiscal budget for the triple A rated which includes the issuance of the multi-million dollar in general obligation debt, mostly for education-related projects in Delaware, Ohio. New projects proposed by Minner from...
- Delaware's Minner Proposes $555M Budget for Highways, Schools. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p40
The article reports on the proposed capital budget for fiscal year 2008 by Governor Ruth Ann Minner of Delaware. The $554.8 million proposed budget has $168.4 million of general obligation bonds to support the state's highway construction program. Both the capital and operating budgets will have...