Still the Overall Leader, Despite Insurance Dip
- Houston Suburb Upgraded by Moody's Ahead of GO Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p4
Reports that Bellaire, Texas will sell the final issue from a general obligation bond authorization with a competitive offering scheduled for September 12, 2005 to finance the final phase of its Millennium Renewal project of municipal improvements. Worth of the city's outstanding parity debt;...
- Atlanta One Step Closer to $680M Water-Sewer Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p5
Reports that the Atlanta City Council in Atlanta, Georgia has approved a measure for the issuance of water and wastewater revenue bonds by the city government. Financial advisers for the bond package; Objectives of the water and wastewater revenue bonds; Details on the bond rating for the city's...
- Coraopolis, Pa., Outlook to Negative. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has revised its rating outlook to negative from stable on the outstanding general obligation bonds of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, based on the borough's weakening financial performance and accumulated general fund balance deficit.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- Analysts Differ Over the Prospects for New Puerto Rico Debt. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/10/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33077, p4
The article reports on the views of financial analysts about the prospect of Puerto Rico for new debt. Matt Fabian of Municipal Market Advisors stated that the commonwealth's acceptance in the new-issue market will depend on deal size, prize and type. According to Ron Fielding of...
- With General Assembly's Approval, Oswego, Ill., District to Sell $86M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p3
The article reports on the Oswego, Illinois, Community Unit School 308's plan to sell $86 million of debt following the Illinois General Assembly's override of Governor Rod Blagojevich's veto of legislation allowing the district to exceed state tax caps. The sale is set for February 12, 2007....
- Boston Putting $133M Refunding and New-Money Deal into Supply-Starved Market. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p4
Reports on Boston, Massachusetts' plan to enter the competitive market that will consist of new money, current refunding, and advance refunding bonds. Total amount of bonds to be issued by Boston; Terms of the municipal bonds.
- New York State Issuers on Pace to Issue $900 Million Less in 2d Quarter Debt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p6
The article reports on the new money debt to be issued by New York state and local government borrowers for the second quarter of 2006. The issuers are to release 900 million dollars less debt than the 4.4 billion dollars of municipal bonds sold for the second quarter of 2005. The month of April...
- Report: State and Local Issuance Doubled Between '96 and '02. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p5
Reports that annual tax-exempt governmental bond issuance has almost doubled between the year 1996 and 2002 in the U.S. Cause of the increase of annual private-activity bond issuance; Use of governmental bonds to finance public projects; Assessment of types of private activities qualifying for...