Options Weighed to Rescue Westchester Medical Center
- Pataki signs HMO bill. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/28/95, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p42
Reports on US governor George Pataki's signing of legislation requiring health maintenance organizations (HMO) to offer policies that allow people to use doctors of their choice and not those who are members of the HMO's network.
- Pataki's hospital plan. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;3/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p66
Reports on Governor George Pataki's legislation to reform the state's hospital system. Health maintenance organization's (HMO) relationship with hospitals.
- Pataki proposing nearly $100 million subsidy to keep... // Insurance Advocate;02/21/98, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p36
Reports that a one time cash subsidy of nearly $100 million has been proposed by Governor George E. Pataki to help keep down health insurance costs for approximately 15,000 New Yorkers who pay their own insurance. Aim of the Governor's plan; Two of New York's largest insurers; Rate hike...
- County mulls gas-tax cap. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/10/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that Westchester County, New York has time till August 1, 2006 to decide on the issue of putting tax caps on gasoline. As of now there are no tax caps whatsoever on gasoline sold at the pump. After the sudden rise in oil price, Governor George Pataki passed a law changing the...
- Gov. Pataki to Veto NYC Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31637, p1
The article reports on the plans of New York Governor George E. Pataki to veto a bill that the state Legislature passed to assist New York City's finances that would authorize city income and sales tax hikes. According to Pataki there is a better way to help New York City than increasing taxes...
- N.Y. HMO disclosure backed. // Business Insurance;6/19/95, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p2
Reports that New York Governor George E. Pataki proposed a bill requiring health maintenance organizations to disclose to potential members coverage provisions and exclusions, utilization review practices, physician reimbursement methods and drug formularies used by health maintenance organizations.
- New York to investigate HMOs' payment practices. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p15
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's issuance of an order to conduct an investigation into the payment practices of health maintenance organizations (HMO) in the state. Response to complaints about delays in claims reimbursement by HMOs; Scrutiny of cash and claims management policies...
- Pataki signs measure setting 45-day mandate within which HMOs must pay medical bills. // Insurance Advocate;09/27/97, Vol. 108 Issue 38, p36
Reports that New York State Governor George Pataki has signed a bill that would require health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and insurance companies to pay bills from health care providers within 45 days. Sanctions on companies who do comply with the mandated 45-day period.
- N.Y. HMOs must offer Rx plans. // Drug Topics;9/4/95, Vol. 139 Issue 17, p7
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's approval of a legislation that will require health maintenance organizations (HMOs) in the state to offer individual healthcare policies that will cover prescription drugs.