LIPA Looks for FAs
- LIPA appoints advisory council. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/26/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 63, p10A
The article reports on the effort of Long Island Power Authority in New York in creating an advisory panel to examine the power company's finances, legal structure and business model. The panel includes elected officials, energy experts and business and financial leaders. The power authority...
- LIPA gets sweet deal for its trouble. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/26/99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p35A
Discusses the plan of Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) to impose rate increases for Suffolk County, New York electric ratepayers to repay LIPA for the court ordered return of property taxes resulting from years of over assessments of LILCO property. Inclusion of the return of overassessed...
- NEW YORK: S&P Negative on LIPA. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/8/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33940, p9
The article offers information on the A-minus rating given to the non-profit municipal electric provider Long Island Power Authority by the credit-rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. due to the inability of the company to freeze rates for utility as per the New York State's policy on utility.
- Watchdog group critical of utility's ad spending. Pizzicara, Dierdre // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/28/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p8A
Focuses on watchdog group Citizens Advisory's call for a blackout on the advertising budget of the public utility, Long Island Power Authority in Long Island, New York. Cuts in the utility's advertising budget; Goal of clearing up misconceptions about the utility; Services announcements.
- LIPA is meeting its requirements. Kessel, Richard M. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/23/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p10A
Focuses on the way the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) meets its state-legislated mandates. Impetus behind the creation of LIPA by the state; Acquisition of the Shoreham nuclear power plant by LIPA; Accomplishment of the strategic imperatives by LIPA.
- Long Island Power Authority Restructures $2.1 Billion in Debt. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2014, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) in New York has restructured its 2.138 billion dollars outstanding debt through securitization, allowing the municipal utility to replace some of its debt with higher quality and less expensive debt.
- LIPA's $950M Deal Shines in Thin Week. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p1
The article reports that the Long Island Power Authority's (LIPA) $950 million electric system revenue bond offering will impact primary market, where the first quarter continues to be low on supply and heavy on demand in New York. Investors should take advantage of the arrival of LIPA's bond,...
- LIPA eyes on-Island generation. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/5/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 38, p1A
Reports that the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) has received proposals to supply electric power to Long Island, New York. Submission of the plan in response to a request for generators and power cables by LIPA; Implications of the blackout of 2003 and Connecticut's ability to block the...
- Putting the Focus Back on Reliability. // Transmission & Distribution World;Nov2004, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p60
Analyzes the guidelines of the scheme for the improvement of the reliability of the Long Island Power Authority in New York. Importance of knowing how to manage outsourcing and service agreements; Components and aspects of what satisfies the customer of a public utility; Necessity of knowing how...