Consumer Sentiment Index Declines
- Consumer Confidence hits another all-time low. // Furniture/Today;3/9/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p34
The article provides information on the Consumer Confidence Index who hit another all-time low in February 2009 in New York. According to the preliminary data compiled by the Conference Board, the February index was the lowest monthly reading, which stood at 25, since the Conference Board began...
- The leading indicators index. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/19/2014, pA02
The leading indicators index from the Conference Board gained 0.6% in Nov., as expected, down from a 0.9% surge in Oct. It was the 9th monthly gain in the last 10.
- Consumers brimming with confidence. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p28
Discusses the growth of the consumer confidence index in the U.S. for the year June 2003-June 2004. Strong improvement in current conditions propelling the index to its growth; Consumer confidence by region.
- Supplement: Economic Indicatorsï¿½Economic Bulletin No. 11, November 2002 (data as of 7 November 2002). // Economic Bulletin;2002, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p407
This article presents statistical details regarding the economic conditions of Germany in terms of certain indicators. The various indicators includes unemployment, vacancies, manufacturing, capital goods industry, durable consumer goods industry and nondurable consumer goods industry. In...
- RETAIL PRICES FOR NOVEMBER. // Accountancy;Mar1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1147, p56
This article presents charts representing index of consumer goods and services in Great Britain as of November 1988.
- Confidence index hits highest level since '60s. Gill, David // Home Textiles Today;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p28
Focuses on an increase in the consumer confidence index in the United States in December 1999. Increase in the percentage of consumers rating current business conditions as `good'; Low inflation; Job opportunities.
- The theory of economic price and quantity indicators. Balk, Bert M.; F�re, Rolf; Grosskopf, Shawna // Economic Theory;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p149
Summary. This paper develops the theory of economic price and quantity indicators, being the difference analogue of indexes. The properties of indicators and indexes are compared. Observable bounds for the indicators will be derived, as well as two exactness results for Bennet (1920)-type price...
- Recurrent Price Index Problems and Some Early German Papers on Index Numbers. von der Lippe, Peter // Jahrbucher fur Nationalokonomie & Statistik;mai2013, Vol. 233 Issue 3, p336
With Laspeyres, Paasche and other authors such as Drobisch and Lehr, Germany made quite a promising start in index theory in the last decades of the 19th century. However, it soon lost ground after this period, which is described in this paper. The focus is not on biographies but on...
- CGT indexation allowance. // Accountancy;Dec1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1084, p8
This article provides information on the indexed rise to be used in calculating the indexation allowance in respect of gains made on assets disposed of in September 1983 is as follows for reinvestment months, .083 for March 1982, .062 for April 1982, .054 for May 1982 and .051 for June 1982...