Bonds for Birdville
- River Road Revisit. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p31
Reports on the call for second election of a bond package by the River Road Independent School District in Texas. Response to the failure of the initial measure; Increase in the district's property tax with the approval of the bonds.
- CALIFORNIA: Vallejo USD Regains Control. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p9
The article reports that the Vallejo City Unified School District has regained partial control after the state of California took over control of the district as one of the conditions for a $60 million emergency loan granted in 2004. The school system faced insolvency during the year. The...
- Comal, Tex., School District Going TO Market With $105 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p40
The article reports that the Comal Independent School District in Texas will be issuing at least $105 million general obligation bonds in the first issuance from a $189.2 million authorization approved by voters. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to finance new schools and facilities and...
- S. Carolina School District to Sell $70M of Tax Anticipation Notes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31904, p33
Reports on the move of the Charleston County School District to sell tax anticipation notes in Charleston County, South Carolina. Purpose of the sale; Ratings incurred by the deal from Moody's Investors Service; Financial adviser and bond counsel of the deal.
- Philadelphia School District Selling $575M of Trans for Cash-Flow Needs. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p3
The article reports the intent of the Philadelphia School District in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to sell $575 million of tax and revenue anticipation notes as part of its annual cash-flow borrowing. Bank of America NA is supporting the notes with a direct-pay letter of credit. Moreover, Moody's...
- Texas' Midland College Selling First GOs Since 1975. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p1
Reports on the sale of government obligation bonds by the Midland College District in Texas Panhandle, Texas. Total value of the bond offering; Plan of the district to use the proceeds to recapitalize Midtown College; Basis for the selection of the date for the offering.
- Washington School District Waits on Votes for Bond Decision. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32515, p7
The article reports that school district waits on votes for bond decisions in the U.S. The votes on Federal Way School District No. 210's multi-million dollar bond question favor the measure with about 56 percent of the area's registered voters' ballots counted. The district made a proposed...
- Oklahoma County ISD Will Ask Voters to OK $248M of GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/8/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32687, p5
The article reports on the continuance of the facilities improvement program by the Independent School District No. 89, provided that voters will approve a proposed multi-million dollar general obligation (GO) bond package in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma. The bond election is scheduled on October...
- WEALTH NEUTRALITY AND THE DEMAND FOR EDUCATION: A COMMENT. Wentzler, Nancy // National Tax Journal;Jun80, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p237
This article comments on a paper by authors Black, Lewis and Link which presented an application of the Feldstein wealth neutrality concept to Delaware school districts. The presentation by the authors is, however, beset with two major but related problems. The first problem arises with the...