Whither the Dome?
- Astrodome Transformation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32430, p28
The article reports that Astrodome Redevelopment Co. has started planning the redevelopment of Reliant Astrodome in Houston, Texas.
- Feasibility Study of Richmond Coliseum. Rountrey, J. Edward; Burton, Robert C. // Appraisal Journal;Apr70, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p273
Focuses on the results of a feasibility study of constructing a sports coliseum-arena in the Civic Center Complex in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Criteria for success in the feasibility report; Analysis of the potential demand for such facilities; Determination of the potential problem areas.
- Little reality in typical feasibility study. Turkel, Stanley // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/95, Vol. 210 Issue 19, p56
Asserts that hotel feasibility studies do not stick to their purpose of verifying market demand and proving that the project is economically viable. Shortcomings that are evident in a typical hotel feasibility study.
- Feasibility Study of Richmond Coliseum: A Comment. Woodard, F.O.; Epley, D.R. // Appraisal Journal;Apr71, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p285
Criticizes the conclusions drawn by the researchers who conducted a feasibility study of the proposed Richmond Coliseum in Wichita, Kansas in 1970. Failure to accurately estimate user demand for the proposed building; Recommended alternative approach in estimating community value of a...
- Hotel-Retail Mixed-Use: Trend for 2013. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;12/18/2012, p4
The article reports on the move of many major shopping centers and mall owners in the U.S. to examine the feasibility of adding a hotel component to existing projects.
- Horse Park Study. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p37
The article reports on the feasibility study of a proposed state horse park in which the state could issue bonds to construct in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Economic clubs: RenCen priced us out. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;12/20/99, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on local economic clubs' decision to steer away from the Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan. Response to the hotel's high costs; Proposal to use Cobo Center for their meetings. INSET: Rooms ready for auto show.
- Design helps aquatic circus avoid 'sticky' situation. // Engineered Systems;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the humidity problems at Bellagio Hotel's aquatic theater in Las Vegas, Nevada. Humidity variances; Consideration for spectator comfort.
- Northern operators test waters for indoor recreation areas. Sangree, David J. // Hotel & Motel Management;02/07/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the significance of indoor water parks as a source of revenue for resort hotels during off-season periods in the United States. Innovations of water attractions at indoor water parks; Reason of hotel developers on building indoor water parks; Increase in occupancy and average daily rate.