A Giant Step
- Any County Aid on Ballpark Is Welcome. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;02/04/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p38
Comments on the redevelopment project on the ballparks in San Diego, California. Erosion of public confidence in the ability of the city officials; Role of the country on ballpark construction; Need of business partners for the project.
- Miami-Dade Officials Weighing Timing of $440M Ballpark Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p24
The article reports on the consideration of Miami-Dade County officials to price $440 million of revenue bonds in the third week of June 2009 to finance the Florida Marlin's new baseball field. It notes that the retail pricing for the bonds was tentatively scheduled on June 17, but the deal is...
- Baseball bas: system, fan-shaped roof fortify fan count. // Engineered Systems;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
Features the Miller Park baseball field. Design and construction of the park; Amenities of the park; Cost of the utilities.
- Take me out to the ballgame. Barrett, Wayne M. // USA Today Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 124 Issue 2610, p69
Opinion. Discusses the importance of ballparks and baseball to American culture. The exhibition `Major League/Minor League: Photographs of America's Baseball Stadiums,' by Jim Dow; Ways in which planning and construction of new stadiums differ from stadiums of former eras.
- Beckley Couple Gives Community a Chance to Play Ball. Lannom, Andrea // State Journal (WV);6/29/2012 55 Good Things About West, p47
The article reports on the plan of Douglas and Linda Epling, owners of the Linda K. Epling Stadium, to build a baseball field at the stadium in Beckley, West Virginia.
- Let the Sun Shine In. Daniels, Stephen H. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/08/99, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p36
Provides information on the work of Skilling Ward Magnussan Barkshire for the design and construction of the retractable roof of the Safeco Field baseball stadium in Seattle, Washington. Cost of the roof; Demands of the Seattle Mariners baseball team on the stadium; Contractors for the project.
- Field of Dreams: The Houses That Baseball Built. Pastier, John // Humanities;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p19
Features a background into how baseball fields came into being in the United States. Comparison of stadiums with shrines and cathedrals; Evolution of enclosed parks from fenced fields to double-decked extravaganzas; Description of parks built in 1909-1923; Public ownership to the stadiums;...
- Field Of Springs. // Product Design & Development;May2001, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p98
Features the Enron Field stadium in Houston, Texas' retractable roof designed by the Uni-Systems. Uni-Systems' use of independent suspensions for each wheels of the retractable roof; Use of the Adiprene urethane prepolymer from Uniroyal Chemical to make the suspension springs of the retractable...
- Flush at the new ballparks. // Sporting News;10/11/99, Vol. 223 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the opening of several baseball stadiums in the United States in 2000.