Illinois County Official Wants Competitive Bidding Mandatory for State Deals
- Report Could Spell End for Ill. Toll Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p1
Reports on proposed legislation that will require Illinois to refund outstanding Illinois State Toll Highway Authority debt. Move to free the state from existing laws and bond covenants that prevent free travel on toll roads; Authorization of general obligation bonds as part of the state's...
- Illinois Toll Highway Authority plans to return to market after 18-month hiatus. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p36
Reports that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority plans to refinance its 1992 toll revenue bonds. Illinois State Toll's absence from the market; Reaffirmation of Illinois State Toll's standing agreement with underwriters Bears, Stearns & Co. and Paine Webber Inc.
- Tollway turmoil. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;3/11/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
Reports the problems encountered by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Scarcity of funding to rebuild its aged road system; Comments of motorists on the condition of traffic; Efforts of the state officials in solving the tollway agency's problems.
- Illinois Senator Recommends Toll Reform Referendum. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p3
Reports on the reformation of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Hearings on toll reform; Plan to issue general obligation bonds to retire toll-backed debt issued by the authority.
- Tight spreads lead to roadblock for Illinois agency's toll bond refunding. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30502, p36
Focuses on the postponement of a bond issue by the Illinois Toll Highway Authority after sustaining losses from tight market spreads. Value of forfeited refinancing savings due to market conditions; Comments from investment analysts.
- For tollway authority, the smooth ride is over. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/09/99, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p10
Comments on the need for a review of where the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority fits into the region's overall transportation system. Limits to the agency's finances and growth aspirations; Chairman Arthur Philip's call for an increase in toll fees to pay for the highway's reconstruction;...
- Tollway battle goes to Illinois' high court. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p3
Reports that parties in the case against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority have taken their battle to the state's highest court. Appeal filed by the authority with the Supreme Court; Resolution of cases of constitutional import; Network of toll roads sought by the agency.
- Path with less resistance. // American City & County;Feb2008, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p44
The article describes the Open Tolling Conversion project of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. In fall 2006, Illinois finalized its tollway upgrade that converted traditional barrier-style toll plazas to barrier-free electronic toll collection. By introducing Open Road Tolling (ORT)...
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/3/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30761, p31
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the Middle West, current as of November 3, 1999. Includes appointment of Thomas Cuculich as executive director at the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority; Cuyahoga County, Ohio's plan to sell adjustable-rate demand health facilities...