S&P: Pension, Health Care Costs Threaten Nations' Triple-A's
- Soaring spending could sink Britain's debt rating. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;4/1/2005, p11
Reports on the statement by Standard & Poor's Corp. that the British government must control its spending on pensions and health care to prevent the fall of its debt rating. Impact of aging on industrialized economies.
- S&P lowers outlook on reform delays. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/17/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower its outlook on the sovereign ratings of Lebanon to stable from positive. Significance of the outlook revision; Proposed budget for 2004; Factors that will influence a rating improvement.
- S&P: Governments Need to Focus on OPEBs Now. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p5
The article reports that financial analysts in Standard & Poor's Corp. suggest that state and local governments in the U.S. should focus on other post-employment and health care benefit liabilities to prevent a credit risk for the coming years. Analyst Peter Block state that there could be some...
- S&P Lifts Its Watch on Lake County, Ind., and 8 Localities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p7
Reports on the removal of the negative CreditWatch designation for Lake County and other municipalities in Indiana by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. Plan to review other areas after a court challenges the constitutionality of a tax reassessment in the state; Review conducted on each issuers...
- S&P Dims New Mexico Outlook to Negative. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2014, p1
New Mexico's dependence on energy revenues and government funding brings a negative outlook to the state's AA-plus rating from Standard & Poor's.
- COLORADO: Nice View in Boulder. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/7/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32977, p9
The article reports on the AA-minus to AA upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Boulder County's debt in Colorado. The rating agency's move came with a $40 million issue that priced before the credit market went into deep freeze. The ratings reflect the county's very strong financial...
- OKLAHOMA: Water Utility Earns AAA. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/7/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32977, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has raised its rating on the debt of Oklahoma City Water Utility Trust to AAA from AA-plus in Oklahoma. The rating reflects the rating agency's recognition of the utility's role as a regional wholesale water supplier and its significant liquidity...
- S&P Upgrades Affirms Massachusetts Power Agency. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31895, p4
Reports on the increase of the rating by the Standard & Poor's on one of the eight power projects managed by the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. in Massachusetts. Enhancement of the debt issued by the Nuclear Project Number Three; Stability of the outlook on all the ratings.
- S&P Upgrades Baptist Health South to AA-Minus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31895, p4
Reports on the increase of the rating of outstanding debt sold on behalf of Baptist Health South Florida from Standard and Poor's Corp. in Bradenton, Florida. Stability of the management team of Baptist Health South; Consistency of its utilization growth and demographic trends; Elimination of...