Munis Drift Aimlessly Thanks to FOMC Uncertainty, Lack of Treasury Movement
- Puerto Rico Agency Leads With $2.2 Billion Power Offering. Posner, Matthew; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p6
The article reports that Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority has lead to the municipal market with a $2.2 billion offering. The first series with $665 million of power revenue bonds and second series with $1.51 billion, include both fixed-rate bonds and bonds spread to 67% of three-month London...
- TUESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;6/18/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32902, p1
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 18, 2008. The municipal market was said to be quiet but weaker compared to the day before as a number of large new issues came to the market, led by $700 million Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority bonds....
- Munis Firmer With All Eyes on Puerto Rico Power. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32611, p2
The article reports developments surrounding the bond market for the week ended April 18, 2007 in the U.S. The municipal market was firmer at the end of the week as participants focused on the issuance of $2 billion bonds by the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA). Trades reported by...
- Municipals Firm, Trading Moderate; $175 Million of Ohio GOs Repriced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Trading status of municipal bonds; Reduction in equities; Reprice of Ohio higher education general obligation bonds by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Munis Firm, Treasuries Rise; $668M Georgia GO Deal Leads. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p2
Provides an overview of the United States bond market on August 3, 2004. Strengthening of municipal bonds; General obligation (GO) bonds sold by Georgia; Treasuries trading; New-issue market; Georgia GO bonds bought by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- J.P. Morgan fortifies its business in California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p3
Reports on J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s launching of an effort to bolster its presence in the Western United States municipal bond market. Transfer of one New York City-based executive to San Francisco, California; Recruitment of three other bankers from competitors.
- Tobacco Thrives, Airlines Slide, and a Decent-Sized Deal at Last. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p7
High-yield investors in the U.S. looking for supply in the municipal market have focused on tobacco and airline debt in the absence of other issues, but as airline credits weaken they have become less attractive, and new, more traditional paper is in the pipeline. The first sizable new...
- Secondary Slips; Decent Interest in New Issues. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p2
The article reports on the performance of the secondary municipal bond market in the United States on March 15, 2006. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. yielded has lowered yields by one to two basis points to the intermediate range when repricing 650 million dollars of general obligation bonds in...
- Market Close: Puerto Rico Bonds Extend Rally. Bonello, Maria; Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that Puerto Rico's bonds gained for a sixth day as a rally in fixed income markets lifted municipal debt. According to a trader from Chicago, Illinois, yields on both Puerto Rico general obligation and Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority debt have declined. It also mentions...