NABE Panel Sees More Fed Tightening
- Budget Director Takes the Blame Off Illinois FIRST. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p34
Focuses on the contribution of rising health care cost to the budget deficit faced by Illinois since September 11, 2001. Analysis of the factors that would create problems for governors in the 2004 budget; Estimate of the possible increase in deficit by state officials; Support of the state's...
- Advocates nervous as ax hovers. Baker, Sam // Hill;9/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 122, p26
The article offers information on the briefing event by the Alliance for Healthcare Reform on Capitol Hill to discuss what deficit reduction means for healthcare in the U.S.
- Macroeconomic adjustment: the Baltic states versus euro area crisis countries. Lindner, Axel // Intereconomics;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p340
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have succeeded in rapidly reducing their current account deficits despite fixed exchange rates. Which factors have played a major role in this? What similarities, and what differences, do the Baltic states show compared to Greece and Portugal? What insights can be...
- Slovakia budget deficit at â‚¬1.879 bln in May. // Regional Today;6/4/2014, p2
The article reports that Slovakia posted a state budget deficit increase from 363 million euros in April 2014 to 1.879 billion euros in May 2014.
- $10 million in ADAP funding still up in the air. Cyphers, Amber L. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/8/2003, Issue 802, p14
Reports on the impact of state budget deficit and reductions in federal funding on the AIDS Drug Assistance Program's (ADAP) funds in the U.S. Medication costs provided by the program; Possibility of ADAP co-payments; ADAP's budget plans.
- State Legislative Agendas to Be Shaped By Budget Woes. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p29
Discusses the impact of budget deficits on state legislative agendas in the U.S. for 2003. Priorities of legislators; Issues in the paid family leave in California; Concerns on health care costs.
- The List: How 10 Economic Issues Stack Up. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/25/2012, p2
The article discusses a Gallup survey of Americans who rated the economic issues confronting the country, including health care cost, unemployment, the federal budget deficit, and weak economic growth.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Colombia Country Monitor;Jan2012, p16
The article provides an overview of the economic developments of Colombia in 2010-2011 in regards to its fiscal policy such as the use of the royalties that regional governments receive from oil production in their territory and a moderate reduction in the budget deficit in 2010.
- Further Easing Seen In Israel. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/20/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p1
Talks about the monetary policy in Israel as of January 20, 2003. Fiscal deficit target of the gross domestic product; Decline in domestic prices in December 2002; Predicted shekel depreciation in early 2002.