- MSRB Files G-8 Arbitration Amendment With SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p3
Reports on the amendment filed by the U.S. Municipalities Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) with the Securities and Exchange Commission to its Rule G-8 on record keeping that governs bank dealers' and muni-only dealers' use of pre-dispute arbitration agreements with customers; Transfer of the...
- MSRB Files G-38 Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p1
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has filed an amendment with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that would make several modifications to its pending Rule G-38 on consultants. Prohibition of dealers from hiring anyone other than employees or affiliated...
- SEC Seeking Comments on MSRB Shutdown Plan. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p1
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission plans for seeking public comments on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's controversial proposal to allow the board to shut down the municipal bond market in event of crisis that disables critical market systems.
- AMF, Five More Firms Join TBMA to Oppose MSRB Crisis Plan. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31605, p5
The Bond Market Association's Asset Managers Forum and five more broker-dealer firms informed the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that they are opposed to giving the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) the authority to shut down the municipal market in the event of a...
- MSRB Files Modified Post-Trade Data Proposal With SEC. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/23/2015, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on Thursday requested approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission to expand the post-trade data displayed on EMMA.
- Crisis Control Controversy. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
Discusses plans of Bond Market Association (BMA) to file a comment letter opposing the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) proposal to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Powers to open/close bond market trading in emergency situations that MSRB wants; Purpose behind...
- MSRB Rule Changes Approved by SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p3
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has approved Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rule changes designed to improve the timeliness and efficiency of dealers' dissemination of official statements to customers and to the board.
- SEC OKs Technical Changes to MSRB's G-14. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32688, p5
The article reports on the approval of three set of changes to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) Rule G-14 on trade reporting by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the U.S. The changes are designed to clarify reporting requirements and require the use of certain new...
- MSRB Proposes Changes to Rule G-8. ACKERMAN, ANDREW // Bond Buyer;4/29/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33106, p4
The article reports on the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to its Rule G-8 in the U.S. The MSRB wants to changes on its books and records that will require dealers to maintain records on municipal auction-rate securities and variable-rate demand obligations. The MSRB...