Moody's Upgrades Almost $1B of S. Carolina School District Debt
- Moodys Change Sparks $3B in South Carolina School Upgrades. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p29
Reports on the revision of the credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to school districts in South Carolina. Recognition of the key role counties have in managing school district debt; Role played by counties in levying and collecting property taxes and paying school bond debt...
- Two N.J. School Districts Sell Bonds Backed by State's Secured Debt Program. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p32
Reports on the visit of two New Jersey school districts in the primary market to drum up cash for school construction and to get a share of dwindling state dollars through a special school construction program. Cost of the school construction bonds sold by the Borough of Dumont Board of...
- School GOs Still Baa2. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p35
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has affirmed the Baa2 underlying rating it assigns about $43 million of general obligation debt sold by Orangeburg County School District No. 3 in Orangeburg County, South Carolina. Review of all the school district credits rated by the agency;...
- IDAHO: Bigger Cap for School Program. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p9
The article reports that Idaho Governor Butch Otter has approved a bill that increases cap for school bond guaranty program in the state. The program, which was introduced in 2001, offers state backing to voter-approved local school bonds, however participating school districts have used up the...
- Geneva CSD, N.Y., Cut to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p2
Reports on the assignment of A3 rating to Geneva City School District by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in New York. Estimation of the parity debt; Construction of middle school; Increase of debt burden resulting in fixed debt service payments.
- MICHIGAN: Missed Bond Payment. Devirt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/29/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33919, p7
The article reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the general obligation limited tax debt rating of Pontiac School District of Michigan as district has missed a debt service payment of 1.6 billion U.S. dollars which was scheduled on May 1, 2013.
- Ohio Voters Defeat 13 of 17 School District Requests. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/17/20144, Issue 34211, p1
Ohio voters shot down 13 of 17 levy requests by school districts in the recent election, a series of defeats that Moody's Investors Service warns could mean pressure the fiscal positions of several of the districts.
- Senate Judiciary Panel to Hold Hearing on Puerto Rico Dec. 1. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on Dec. 1 to explore Puerto Rico's fiscal problems and the potential options that are available to help the island, panel chair Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, announced Thursday
- Dallas School District Dropped to A-Plus Ahead of $105M Refunding. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p7
The article reports that Dallas Independent School District is preparing to enter the bond market with a refunding deal. As it prepares to bring the bond to market, Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the credit in the third week of 2009. A meeting was...