VECTORCARDIOGRAPHIC FEATURES OF WOLFF-PARKINSON-WHITE SYNDROME WITH AND WITHOUT ASSOCIATED MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
- Identifying myocardial ischemia, injury, and infarction with the 12-lead ECG. D'Epiro, Peter // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Jan2000, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p37
Offers a look at the electrocardiography (ECG) changes associated with myocardial ischemia, injury, and infarction. Information on normal and pathologic ECG waves; Discussion on lead placement; Interpretation of various ECG samples.
- Myocardial Infarction Caused by a Fistula. Kurt, Ibrahim Halil // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p177
Herein, we describe the case of a 50-year-old man who had a fistula, located between the left anterior descending coronary artery and the left ventricle, that caused myocardial infarction. Electrocardiography revealed a loss of R-wave progression in leads V, through V4, and transthoracic...
- Group beating in a 69-year-old man with a previous silent myocardial infarct. Luke Glancy, D.; Lathia, Viral N. // Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings;Jan2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p39
The article discusses an electrocardiogram which was conducted on a 69 year old male patient with coronary arterial disease and an inferior myocardial infarct of indeterminate age.
- Frontal Plane Vectorcardiograms: Theory and Graphics Visualization of Cardiac Health Status. Ghista, Dhanjoo N.; Acharya, U. Rajendra; Nagenthiran, T. // Journal of Medical Systems;Aug2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p445
The electrocardiogram (ECG) is a representative signal containing information about the condition of the heart. The shape and size of the P-QRS-T wave, the time intervals between its various peaks, may contain useful information about the nature of disease afflicting the heart. However, these...
- Transient abnormal Q waves during exercise electrocardiography. Alameddine F F; Zafari A M // Heart;Jan2004, Vol. 90 Issue 1, pe1
Myocardial ischaemia during exercise electrocardiography is usually manifested by ST segment depression or elevation. Transient abnormal Q waves are rare, as Q waves indicate an old myocardial infarction. The case of a patient with exercise induced transient abnormal Q waves is reported. The...
- Interesting Electrocardiogram: Q Waves in the Inferior Leads - Revisited. Ferrer, M. Irené // Journal of Insurance Medicine;2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p333
Describes the electrocardiography (ECG) of a 36-year-old male presented with an old inferior myocardial infarction. Diagnosis; Interpretation of the patient's ECG; Description of the criteria for abnormal Q waves.
- Triggering of acute coronary syndromes by physical exertion and anger: clinical and sociodemographic characteristics. Strike, P. C.; Perkins-Porras, L.; Whitehead, D. L.; McEwan, J.; Steptoe, A. // Heart;Aug2006, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p1035
Objective: To investigate the role of vigorous physical exertion and anger as triggers of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and to identify the clinical and sociodemographic correlates of triggering. Design: Prospective observational clinical cohort study. Setting: Four coronary care units in the...
- Ventricular Arrhythmias Induced by Programmed Ventricular Stimulation After Uncomplicated Myocardial Infarction. Hueb, Whady; Bellotti, Giovanni; Sosa, Eduardo; Ramires, Jos� Antonio; da Luz, Protasio Lemos; Pileggi, Fulvio // Angiology;Jul1992, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p578
The aim of this study was to correlate the occurrence of ventricular dysrhythmias induced by programmed ventricular stimulation and sudden cardiac death (SCD) after a first episode of acute myocardial infarction (AMI). Twenty-seven consecutive male patients aged fifty-fourï¿½ six (forty-seven...
- Gender Differences in the Noninvasive Evaluation and Management of Patients with Suspected Coronary Artery Disease. Shaw, Leslee; Miller, Douglas; Romeis, James; Kargl, Deborah; Younis, Liwa; Chaitman, Bernard // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/1/94, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p559
Presents a study which determined if gender-based differences exist in the post-test management and clinical outcome of patients with clinically suspected coronary artery disease who have stress electrocardiographic or myocardial perfusion imaging evaluation. Clinical and demographic...